The real life Oklahoma Driver's License Examination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are a few example test questions.

Add your own for fun.

Oklahoma Driver's Test

(1) The car directly in front of you has a flashing right tail light
but a steady left tail light. This means

(a) one of the tail lights is broken; you should blow your horn
to call the problem to the driver's attention.
(b) the driver is signaling a right turn.
(c) the driver is signaling a left turn.
(d) the driver is from out of town.

The correct answer is (d). Tail lights are used in some foreign
countries to signal turns.

--------------------------------------------

Oklahoma Driver's Test

(2) A pedestrian is a person on foot or who uses a conveyance such as roller skates, skateboard, etc., other than a bicycle. A pedestrian can also be a person with a disability using a tricycle, quadricycle, or wheelchair for transportation.

Pedestrians are

(a) irrelevant.
(b) communists.
(c) a nuisance.
(d) difficult to clean off the front grille.

The correct answer is (a). Pedestrians are not in cars, so they are
totally irrelevant to driving; you should ignore them completely.

---------------------------------------------

Traffic Control Lights

Solid Yellow–
A yellow traffic signal light means

(a) "CAUTION.” The red traffic signal light is about to appear, you should stop before the intersection.
(b) Hurry up, you are driving too slow, speed up and get through the intersection.
(c) nothing, it's just another light they have to generate revenue.
(d) slam on your brakes like a Russian brake check video.

The correct answer is (b) Speed up like Mario Andretti going into a banked curve if you're turning left, Doug Kalitta if you're going straight ahead.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You’re turning right at an intersection controlled by traffic signals and as you approach the intersection in the right turn lane you see a green right turn arrow on the traffic light in front of you. Do you:

A.) Proceed to make your right turn without coming to a complete stop.
B.) Come to a complete stop well before the intersection and crane your head all the way over your left shoulder to look at the cars that are stopped from proceeding straight ahead on the street you are turning right onto because they have a red light. And you stay stopped until your light changes from a green right arrow to solid green, ignoring the honks and curse words emanating from the line of cars stopped behind you because you don’t understand basic traffic rules.
C.) Come to a complete stop at the intersection, turn your left signal on, and creep partially over into the next (straight ahead) lane thus blocking anyone behind you from turning right because you just realized you were supposed to turn right at the next intersection not this one.
D.) Come to complete stop and stare down at the phone in your lap for one full light cycle because you can’t believe Tiffany just posted she saw Jason at the club last night when he told you he was going to his grandmothers house to spend the night.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
What about the asshat that starts braking 3/4 miles away from the light and then hammers on it when it turns yellow............... :grumble:Gets my tinfoil hat side in full rage thinking "did that ass do that so I would miss the light" When I know after counting to 10 that no they are just an asshat and the world ain't all about me .... Darn it!:hey3:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a couple or three occasions where I'm sitting at a stop sign waiting to turn on to a through street. A car on the through street (no stop sign) creeps up toward the intersection slowly while I wait on them... they stop at the intersection and wave me through. SMH

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
C.) Come to a complete stop at the intersection, turn your left signal on, and creep partially over into the next (straight ahead) lane thus blocking anyone behind you from turning right because you just realized you were supposed to turn right at the next intersection not this one.
I had this happen in front of me the other day, although I'm being charitable in assuming that he was thinking at all. As @THAT Gurl would say, some people's kids.

I spent most of my life in a college town; although I saw some dumb drivers doing dumb things, I've never seen as much unmitigated stupid as I've seen living in Tulsa. Heck, in the last few months I've seen two cars make turns onto off ramps, driving right past the big red WRONG WAY signs. Hell, one of them was in the left turn lane, signaling for a left turn, when he decided to turn right across two through lanes and haul his 16' utility trailer up the off ramp.

Betcha them folks trying to get off 169 were surprised by that.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I was at a stop light patiently waiting for the light to change and when it did a female to my right whipped out and crossed in front of me, ran a red light and turned left crossing the left turn lane where she should have been if she was turning left. And a cop car was directly behind her...he turned his lights on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom