The shortages are starting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what the heck is driving home prices up? Politics? China? I've read where everything is going up from food to cars, etc.
Covid? Let's just say the economy has not been normal for most of the last year... the stuff we've been through wouldn't have an impact?

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to some market research I’ve been reading, and with a home to sell in the next couple of months, the market in home sales is being driven by the lumber prices to build new home being in short supply.
I also feel it’s a contrived shortage because all the lumber mills we saw in Arkansas last week were filled to the roofs with finished 2X4’s and other construction grade lumber.
Holding out to create an artificial shortage? Delivery drivers in short supply because it’s more profitable to stay on unemployment and stimulus payments?
I don’t have that answer, but I do know it’s not a shortage of wood products. The product is out there.
I saw this same lumber mills Dennis and wondered how there was a shortage with lumber literally dripping from the seams of the properties. But I also noticed a lack of OTR drivers while driving across the US over the last two weeks. I never really had to fight the lines of trucks I'm used to seeing. Maybe transportation is an issue. I don't know either.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw this same lumber mills Dennis and wondered how there was a shortage with lumber literally dripping from the seams of the properties. But I also noticed a lack of OTR drivers while driving across the US over the last two weeks. I never really had to fight the lines of trucks I'm used to seeing. Maybe transportation is an issue. I don't know either.

that was a post mill i think. doesn't dimensioned lumber come from out of country?? or at least milled off shore??? seems like i can remember factory ships making plywood or something like that.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Covid? Let's just say the economy has not been normal for most of the last year... the stuff we've been through wouldn't have an impact?

the prices are inflation driven. it's been around for a while now but is beginning to work it way into all sectors. has anyone noticed shrinkflation yet?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For what it is worth, as we were driving to and in Alabama, we've seen a number of logging places where finished lumber is visible on their yards. That really surprises us because most of what we see in the way of logs going to the mills aren't the kind that I'd say was good for construction lumber. Compared to what we saw in the way of logs in Oregon, these here are puny at one end.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
182138075_3590385141062366_1134628830204646293_n.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom