The shortages are starting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For what it is worth, as we were driving to and in Alabama, we've seen a number of logging places where finished lumber is visible on their yards. That really surprises us because most of what we see in the way of logs going to the mills aren't the kind that I'd say was good for construction lumber. Compared to what we saw in the way of logs in Oregon, these here are puny at one end.
What you were seeing is probably pulp wood for making paper. Alabama cuts a enormous amount for paper. The turn around from planting seedlings to trees large enough to cut can be as little as 8 yrs with some of the hybrid pines they have developed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that was a post mill i think. doesn't dimensioned lumber come from out of country?? or at least milled off shore??? seems like i can remember factory ships making plywood or something like that.
I posted pics of the post mill, but the finished lumber mills are the ones referenced in the prior posts about wondering if there are enough drivers or is it a contrived shortage. I don't know where plywood is manufactured though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom