The storm thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, it's gonna snow or spit ice on Tuesday. Local Ranchers seem to think it will be a big storm and they're putting out extra hay rolls. I'm off until Wed, so other than driving in on Wed morning, I'm not really worried about it. It should be cold enough so traction will be OK.

I'm filling up our generator gas jugs and putting about a half cu/yard of gravel in my truck bed for traction. Other than that, not much to do but watch and wait. Hope I don't lose any more trees.

Anyone stocking up, or just not worring about it?

copeje

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, last I listened to the news they really did not know what is going to happen. I have seen everything from 4' to 12' of snow and up to 1/4' of ice. So, last they said it will just have to happen before we really have an accurate measurement of what it's going to do. However, doesn't matter to me, snow three feet for all I care just keep the ice away.

Fendar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fridge Is full, generator is full and 15 extra gallons at the ready. I swear if 30 people in okc lose power I'll be one of them. Hopefully we do get some snow my kids have been dying for some. The high Wednesday is 9 so whatever we get will sure as heck stick!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Generators full, 11 gallons of fuel in the cans, plenty of food had to go pick up some more ice melt for the driveway today.

I will have heat, television and internet if the power goes out.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never worry about weather, because weather is cool.

I've been stalking this one online for a while now. It's gonna be a fun one to follow, like Christmas Eve last year. A HUGE area is going to get hammered, it's just iffy where exactly it's gonna be. Looks like a giant area with a foot or more of snow.

I've been watching the model runs closely the last couple of days. Tulsa has been pushed out of heaviest band a bit, but I'm hoping the next runs will bring us back in. Some INSANE snowfall totals being put up consistently across the plains/midwest, all that is changing is the location...slightly. It'll be huge even if the amounts are cut in half. Could be windy too, and scary cold for a long time. Fun stuff, I hope we get smacked.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife is on a plane to Florida - got back from taking her tohook up with co-workers to go to the airport and the garage door opener broke when I tried to open it. Torsion spring broke, but I got hold of the guy from Overhead Door in Chickasha and he will be out tomorrow to fix it. Good thing, because I hate to go outside in the morning and try to get a bunch of ice off my truck before I can go to work.
:thanku:

I live on a hill with a steep, crooked little road, but we have a snow road around the pasture that will get me to the highway in 4x4. No ice, please! I am still cutting up broken limbs & trees from last year.:nolike:

Latest posts

Top Bottom