The storm thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and my kid were the only ra'tards out and about in our neighborhood in Coweta just a bit ago. We had to put it in 4high just to get out of the driveway. We went back and forth in our driveway making a nice lane for later. Then we went around the block and there was even a cop walking home to check on his kids- stopped to see if he needed a ride. He was only a half a block away from his house. He asked what the hell we were doing out. Just bored and wanted to get some trails going down thru our street going so people could maybe try and drive in or out if they needed to. We werent planning on going far from home since we didnt need to,just tooling around the neighborhood making trails. The cop said he had to park outside the residential area out on the main road as no one has been down into the neighborhood and it wasnt passable. It came to the bottom of my truck almost and was even deeper in some of the streets on either side of our street. The wifes new Corolla would never had made it.

[Broken External Image]

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and my kid were the only ra'tards out and about in our neighborhood in Coweta just a bit ago. We had to put it in 4high just to get out of the driveway. We went back and forth in our driveway making a nice lane for later. Then we went around the block and there was even a cop walking home to check on his kids- stopped to see if he needed a ride. He was only a half a block away from his house. He asked what the hell we were doing out. Just bored and wanted to get some trails going down thru our street going so people could maybe try and drive in or out if they needed to. We werent planning on going far from home since we didnt need to,just tooling around the neighborhood making trails. The cop said he had to park outside the residential area out on the main road as no one has been down into the neighborhood and it wasnt passable. It came to the bottom of my truck almost and was even deeper in some of the streets on either side of our street. The wifes new Corolla would never had made it.

Nice Blazer!

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So is everyone thinking due to the terrible coldness tonight that we will be stuck indoors for another day or 2? 8" of snow at -5 makes for some pretty "icy" conditions... Thoughts?

Jonny

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Truck barely started this morning. Finally got it going and drove down to the parts store and picked up a new battery. After that we explored a little and might have done a donut or a dozen. Got home and swapped the battery out and topped off the antifreeze. Should be good to go for work tomorrow. Yuk.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I-40 is closed going West of Okemah, East is still open at this moment. Been out in it since 7am and just walked through the door. Semi trucks are stuck everywhere on I-40 as well as some cars and trucks. I got hung up myself in a 3 ft snow drift while getting on an on ramp that noone had drove up yet. Had to dig with a shovel for awhile but eventually got out. I got some pictures of some of this mess. I even got one of a guy pulling a trailer with a mustang on it in this crap. He was really having a good time.
ai24.photobucket.com_albums_c46_Jilliams_WinterStorm2011011.jpg

ai24.photobucket.com_albums_c46_Jilliams_WinterStorm2011012.jpg
These guys were all stuck, they couldnt make it up this incline.
ai24.photobucket.com_albums_c46_Jilliams_WinterStorm2011013.jpg

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This guy hit the same snow drift I did in the same spot. This was taken a few hours later after I had already got myself unstuck. You really can't tell from the pic but he is hung up pretty bad. Theres noway hes going forward without pushing several feet of snow for about a 50 yards.
ai24.photobucket.com_albums_c46_Jilliams_WinterStorm2011019.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom