The storm thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyAn007

Marksman
Reaction score
Owasso has not been touched, not even one plow any where near me. I heard they weren't thinking about plowing until late at night from the cops camped up at qt, I guess the only cop who wast at qt was stuck. Sure did have fun on the 4 wheeler in residential streets though ha.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does Oklahoma know what plows are and how to use them?

Pfft... We use graders, not plows.

And most of the grader drivers seem to be afraid to scratch the pavement... or gravel. (That's how you get a washboard gravel road, by the way... a grader driver who wouldn't plant the blade...)

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i wish they would use graders on the highway here. DOT guys ran the plow truck on the highway here once last night and once today. dont do much good. they tell me they dont have down pressure on the blades, so they just kinda glide along on the ice. county guys run graders on the blacktopped side roads, they have down pressure. they always cut it down to the pavement, first pass.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pfft... We use graders, not plows.

And most of the grader drivers seem to be afraid to scratch the pavement... or gravel. (That's how you get a washboard gravel road, by the way... a grader driver who wouldn't plant the blade...)

Yeah, I think there's a qualification course they have to pass on how to not strip paint from their blades. That's how it is up home in MO anyway.

I'd hate to be their wives. . .

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Well, at least I'll get a chance togive my new snow shovel a good workout.

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b398_FLHRI_OK_001_1.jpg

Spent 2-1/2 hours clearing my driveway so I could get to work tonight.
I like my big orange snow shovel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom