The storm thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

startrekeagle

Marksman
Reaction score
Central heat quit working yesterday afternoon. Trouble light said ingintion failure even though i could see it fire up but wouldn't stay lit. Put on calf high rubber boots & climbed on roof. All i could see was small indent where vent should be. Stepped in snow that went into top of boots. Can anyone guess where ill be shoveling today? Backside house roof edge 22 feet off ground but have 4-5 foot drifts so if slid off maybe wont hurt to bad. 1 degree while im writing this. Ill take pics today, maybe we could start thread for 2011 Blizzard pics. Yardstick stuck in snow at your location. Have new cat never seen snow(male 10 months) pitched him in snow bank. FUNNY as hell. Akita loves it been running around burrowing through the stuff. Well getting tanked up on java & then to shovel. Grumps

Keep your powder dry & your weapon clean.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spent almost 3 hrs driving to work this morning. Tried my "Snow route", blocked with trucks stuck in drifts. Had to dig out the ruts and turn around, then went for plan "B". Made it a couple miles but the road was blocked by a fire truck hopelessly stuck sideways in a big drift.

Plan/ route "C"- made it 3 miles but got stuck in deep snow and had to dig out over 100' of ruts in order to back up to windswept gravel. Finally, I drove South of our house (Plan "D") through a sheltered/ lower area which was drift free. Made it to Hwy 277, then east to Hwy 81, North to Hwy 62 and on in to Anadarko.

Not bad for a 2WD dually with street rib tires and 1000lb of gravel in the bed. Glad I brought a shovel and snivel gear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom