The storm thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4x4 doesn't replace common sense ... but it sure give more leeway. a common mistake is 4x4 cannot stop any better than 2wdr.

thinking of getting my Case 1845b skid steer out and clearing out my driveway.
but I'd have to shovel a bunch of snow to get it out .... nah...

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4x4 doesn't replace common sense ... but it sure give more leeway. a common mistake is 4x4 cannot stop any better than 2wdr.

now that's a new one... have never heard of a 2wdr pulling out 4x4's.

I saw a mini-van pulling a pickup earlier. Didn't see if it were 4x4 or not, but that would have been pic worthy.

Anyone know how well AWD minivans do in this kinda stuff?

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you been out? The roads are not that bad. I've driven in way worse in a FWD car before and not gotten stuck. Maybe where you are it's bad, but in NW OKC it isn't that horrible.

Yes, I've been out everyday, helping people out. I'm on the north side also, however I was not talking about today after they plowed the roads. I was talking about on Tuesday and was definitely not talking about everyone. That's just how E-gansters like to take it.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I've been out everyday, helping people out. I'm on the north side also, however I was not talking about today after they plowed the roads. I was talking about on Tuesday and was definitely not talking about everyone. That's just how E-gansters like to take it.

Lol. Big man. Look at you calling people names again. I went up N. MacArthur a bit yesterday to check it out. Still wasn't that bad. Guess Oklahomans don't know how to handle a little bit of snow.

Not sure about #1 but I know for sure that #2 &#3 are definitely absent from you.

Make up your mind. First it was to me, then it wasn't, now it is again.

Must be because you used #2 and #3.

But I thought a 4x4 was "needed"?

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know how well AWD minivans do in this kinda stuff?

Don't know about minivans but I know that my X5 AWD did superb on Tuedsday morning, around 4 am, when the roads were fresh with 8 to 12 inches of snow and blowing snow. Went through a 3 foot maybe more, snow drift with no problems.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, here's the official end to my shoveling. 5 hours worth.

ai633.photobucket.com_albums_uu51_JRSherman_IMG_2375.jpg

ai633.photobucket.com_albums_uu51_JRSherman_IMG_2376.jpg

ai633.photobucket.com_albums_uu51_JRSherman_IMG_2377.jpg

ai633.photobucket.com_albums_uu51_JRSherman_IMG_2378.jpg

Before someone calls me stupid, I'll go ahead and do it. I'll explain why though.

I heard several people ***** today, while I was shoveling, about how the city of Tulsa and the Mayor are POS's because all these residential streets aren't plowed clean as a slate. One person even went so far as to say that we should stop paying taxes because of it.

That sense of entitlement has gotten us where we are now. If everyone on my street did 1/4 as much as I shoveled, the whole street would have been able to melt off 10x faster and we wouldn't have to worry about waiting on the city.

I'm not going anywhere, as I'm unemployed right now(and not on unemployment btw). School isn't open tomorrow night, and it looks like trying to make the OSA trout fishing trip Saturday isn't going to happen for me.

It came down to me having two choices, whine like a ***** or suck it up and do something, so now I'm whining like a ***** since everybody else isn't doing anything, and I'm done.

End rant I guess, someone will say it was if I didn't.

I can say, though, that this was a pretty bad snow. I lived in Maine for several years, and shoveled several snows of 1.5'+, but this one took the cake.

Oh, ETA: In before Perrone and RaysZ71 get the thread locked. It's snow guys, go jump in it and cool off.

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, here's the official end to my shoveling. 5 hours worth.

ai633.photobucket.com_albums_uu51_JRSherman_IMG_2375.jpg

ai633.photobucket.com_albums_uu51_JRSherman_IMG_2376.jpg

ai633.photobucket.com_albums_uu51_JRSherman_IMG_2377.jpg

[Broken External Image]

Before someone calls me stupid, I'll go ahead and do it. I'll explain why though.

I heard several people ***** today, while I was shoveling, about how the city of Tulsa and the Mayor are POS's because all these residential streets aren't plowed clean as a slate. One person even went so far as to say that we should stop paying taxes because of it.

That sense of entitlement has gotten us where we are now. If everyone on my street did 1/4 as much as I shoveled, the whole street would have been able to melt off 10x faster and we wouldn't have to worry about waiting on the city.

I'm not going anywhere, as I'm unemployed right now(and not on unemployment btw). School isn't open tomorrow night, and it looks like trying to make the OSA trout fishing trip Saturday isn't going to happen for me.

It came down to me having two choices, whine like a ***** or suck it up and do something, so now I'm whining like a ***** since everybody else isn't doing anything, and I'm done.

End rant I guess, someone will say it was if I didn't.

I can say, though, that this was a pretty bad snow. I lived in Maine for several years, and shoveled several snows of 1.5'+, but this one took the cake.

Oh, ETA: In before Perrone and RaysZ71 get the thread locked. It's snow guys, go jump in it and cool off.

I agree with you completely. And I would have done the same but the street in front of my house is packed hard. And I just have a square point shovel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom