The storm thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you completely. And I would have done the same but the street in front of my house is packed hard. And I just have a square point shovel.

That's actually what I used for 90% of that, a Ridgid square point. A fire truck came through yesterday and started a pack, and several idiots thought if a 10+ ton firetruck with chains on the tires could get through, then so could they.

What a lot of people don't realize is that if you get the concrete exposed and you have a good day of sunshine, the underside starts melting and it makes it 10 times easier to clear off. I actually started out with just my half of the street cleared off this morning, and this afternoon I got the other half.

Not pictured is my other neighbors driveway, which I cleaned for him when he was spinning out down the street lol.

MD Froman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's actually what I used for 90% of that, a Ridgid square point. A fire truck came through yesterday and started a pack, and several idiots thought if a 10+ ton firetruck with chains on the tires could get through, then so could they.

What a lot of people don't realize is that if you get the concrete exposed and you have a good day of sunshine, the underside starts melting and it makes it 10 times easier to clear off. I actually started out with just my half of the street cleared off this morning, and this afternoon I got the other half.

Not pictured is my other neighbors driveway, which I cleaned for him when he was spinning out down the street lol.

+1

When it's nicely packed and really hard work I shovel out a strip so the sun can shine down on it and then when I get back later in the day it's much easier to get under the rest of it and it lifts away in big pieces even when it wouldn't budge before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom