The study for moving and rebuilding of the highway I-244 in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would think the natural water table would not be very deep in most of that area, especially during flooding years. Look what happens in Bixby when they have no choice and have to open Keystone max.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a little Sand Springs insight.
In 1915 Charles Page brought my Grandfather to Oklahoma, my Grandfather put his first store in Collinessville called the Famous the building today is the silver Dollar Cafe, then in 1931 he had a buliding built in Sand Springs for my Father to run his store it was was called the Fashion at 120 North Main, Father retired in 1960 the name is still on the old building see photos i am including.
Sand Springs and it's founder Charles Page, have some amazing history! I have always thought this story would make a great movie, if done right! There is one book that I know of, written by a lady that was raised at the Sand Springs Orphans Home, from the age of one or two years old, She remembered Mr Page, and the last time I talked to her she was almost 100 years old, and selling her book," A Fools Enterprise", by Opal Bennefield Clark. at a flea market, years ago. I'm not sure where this book can be purchased except, the Sand Springs Historical Museum, sells it.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sand Springs and it's founder Charles Page, have some amazing history! I have always thought this story would make a great movie, if done right! There is one book that I know of, written by a lady that was raised at the Sand Springs Orphans Home, from the age of one or two years old, She remembered Mr Page, and the last time I talked to her she was almost 100 years old, and selling her book," A Fools Enterprise", by Opal Bennefield Clark. at a flea market, years ago. I'm not sure where this book can be purchased except, the Sand Springs Historical Museum, sells it.
I would come with my Father to Sand Springs with my Marlin 22 rifle, walk from 120 North Main right up the hill past Charles Page Highschool on up till the street ended and you were in the woods and start shooting, no one even gave me a glance it was another time.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would come with my Father to Sand Springs with my Marlin 22 rifle, walk from 120 North Main right up the hill past Charles Page Highschool on up till the street ended and you were in the woods and start shooting, no one even gave me a glance it was another time.
We bought the first house completed in Oak Park, in about '55 or '56! That was before the Highschool was built, and there wasn't much of anything there then.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We bought the first house completed in Oak Park, in about '55 or '56! That was before the Highschool was built, and there wasn't much of anything there then.
I think i was mistaken my memmory is not as good today, i don't think there was a school building on that street then.
I think the woods was called lost city but it was open country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom