The Watch Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife bought me a new one this last Saturday.

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Citizen_Ti_zpsvcsuskcn.jpg

I'm resurrecting this thread to ask what model watch that is? It's very similar to a couple casio watches i've been stalking.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
@donner

@D. Hargrove had it. That's the model. It's crazy light. And just an FYI, we did NOT pay $375!!!

It's on sale at Amazon for $180 now.

ETA:
My latest addition!

BL5250-02L Titanium
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EQS0WK/
BL5250-02L-Watch.jpg

Both this and my first (the 8700 Calibre) have one of my favorite Citizen features, the "Perpetual Calendar". You set the date including how many years past the most recent leap year, and you never have to worry about it. It automatically advances the day at the end of months shorter than 31.

Last edited:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@donner

@D. Hargrove had it. That's the model. It's crazy light. And just an FYI, we did NOT pay $375!!!

It's on sale at Amazon for $180 now.

You can also find it on Jomashop.com for $180, but if you are willing to give them your email address, you can get $20 off and free shipping. (I have no connection to them, I've just gotten good deals from there)
http://bit.ly/2oJhtjy

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

thank you.

it looks very interesting and similar to two that i've had my eye on. The Casio Oceanus and (more recently) the Casio Laneage. Both are titanium, RC and have the nice world traveler feature (not that i actually ever go anywhere). Sadly they are either available on in japan, more expensive than i want to pay at the moment or both.

I mostly like Ti watches because i'm allergic to nickel (skin reaction). It's not the end of the world, but does limit my enjoyment of wearing a watch.

i'll check this one out, thanks!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
thank you.

it looks very interesting and similar to two that i've had my eye on. The Casio Oceanus and (more recently) the Casio Laneage. Both are titanium, RC and have the nice world traveler feature (not that i actually ever go anywhere). Sadly they are either available on in japan, more expensive than i want to pay at the moment or both.

I mostly like Ti watches because i'm allergic to nickel (skin reaction). It's not the end of the world, but does limit my enjoyment of wearing a watch.

i'll check this one out, thanks!

I have the same allergy. Belt buckles are a problem for me. Many are nickeled brass, not stainless.

I'm almost positive I got mine for $160 or so, but I can't find record of it now.

Only downside, is the pretty brushed finish doesn't last forever.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the same allergy. Belt buckles are a problem for me. Many are nickeled brass, not stainless.

I'm almost positive I got mine for $160 or so, but I can't find record of it now.

Only downside, is the pretty brushed finish doesn't last forever.

yes, buckles are bad. I've pretty much always had to do the 'frat tuck' (someone i know from college always called it that, so i have too) with the bit of t-shirt right on front tucked into my pants a bit just to keep the belt buckle off my skin.

I've got an orvis Ti chronometer that is nice, but the bracelet pinches a bit. Plus i'm less up on the busy nature of the dial at the moment. I found a used citizen BM8180-03E online and am waiting for it to arrive. I think a good NATO strap will help keep the metal off my skin, plus i've found a few places that do Ti buckles if i need to go that route.

Latest posts

Top Bottom