The WWII Bombing of Boise City, OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over on YouTube, there is a guy going by the "name" of "The History Guy" that does videos that are very interesting, especially with regards to military operations and events. Here is one regarding an accidental bombing of the city of Boise City, up in Cimarron County.

Incidentally, I grew up near there and we NEVER heard the end of the Boise City people telling of their "fame." That said, enjoy. I did.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve watched a bunch of his videos - love his style of story telling.

In the OP’s link:

“He woke up and wondered why someone splattered mud all over his house.”

:rotflmao:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over on YouTube, there is a guy going by the "name" of "The History Guy" that does videos that are very interesting, especially with regards to military operations and events. Here is one regarding an accidental bombing of the city of Boise City, up in Cimarron County.

Incidentally, I grew up near there and we NEVER heard the end of the Boise City people telling of their "fame." That said, enjoy. I did.

I stop in Boise city on my way to New Mexico a couple of times a year. The Elkund Hotel and restaurant have pictures of the bombing as well as their other claim to fame which is the hanging of Blackjack Ketchum. A distant cousin of mine from the past.
I have a thread on it somewhere on this forum. Probably the Picture forum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom