There are still some artists/musicians who "get it"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may not be your cup of tea when it comes to the style of music, but I recently picked up Disturbed's Immortalized album and I am really really liking it. They are a hrd rock band, some might say they were metal, I don't know. But if you can listen to the lyrics (or read them), it's quite refreshing to see someone like this speaking out about the same topics we have talked about on this board.

Here's a couple examples:

"Legion Of Monsters"

The monster shattered the day
In a place where innocents play
I was mourning as the headlines shouted his name
They didn't waste any time
I was disgusted when the madman's image appeared at the top of the screen
Some were barely alive,
Too many didn't survive
Still they kept repeating headlines shouting the name
Do they not realize
The future demons with the hope of becoming the one at the top of the screen?

They've thrown morality away
With such depravity, I must say
You made sure the world will remember the name
But didn't the thought even enter your mind
You'd give a new legion of monsters a reason to take your life

The pictures drove me insane
Can't get them out of my brain
You made certain they were right at the top of the page
You disrespected the dead
When the only name was of the one who committed the murder at the top of the page
The madman watching with glee
As the herd of innocents flee
They saw it all unfold right on the face of the screen
Perhaps they could be the one
Who'd become famous for the acts of terror reflected on the face of the screen?

You've thrown morality away
With such depravity, I must say
And I call you a pimp, as you whore the insane
The damage you caused, you cannot rectify
You've inspired new legions of monsters determined to take more life

Take a look around
Listen to the sound
Feel it on the ground
Fear has come in a wave
Just another gathering of helpless innocents forced into the grave
Listen to me now
Are you with me now
Can you tell me how these vultures still glorify them
Lets defy them

Take a look around
Listen to the sound
Feel it on the ground
Fear has come in a wave
Just another gathering of helpless innocents forced into the grave
Listen to me now
Are you with me now
Can you tell me how these vultures still glorify them
Lets defy them

And I call you a pimp, as you whore the insane
The damage you caused you cannot rectify
You've inspired new legions of monsters determined to take more life

You're giving a legion of monsters a reason

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's another one, an inspirational message from a hard rock band??? Yup.

"The Light"

Like an unsung melody
The truth is waiting there for you to find it
It's not a blight, but a remedy,
A clear reminder of how it began
Deep inside your memory
Turned away as you struggled to find it
You heard the call as you walked away
A voice of calm from within the silence
And for what seemed an eternity
You wait and hoping it would call out again
You heard the shadow beckoning
Then your fears seemed to keep you blinded
You held your guard as you walked away

When you think all is forsaken,
Listen to me now
You need never feel broken again
Sometimes darkness can show you the light

An unforgivable tragedy
The answer isn't where you think you'd find it
Prepare yourself for the reckoning
For when your world seems to crumble again
Don't be afraid, don't turn away
You're the one who can redefine it
Don't let hope become a memory
Let the shadow permeate your mind and
Reveal the thoughts that were tucked away
So that the door can be opened again
Within your darkest memories
Lies the answer if you dare to find it
Don't let hope become a memory

Listen to me now

Sickening, weakening
Don't let another somber pariah consume your soul
You need strengthening, toughening
It takes an inner dark to rekindle the fire burning in you
Ignite the fire within you

Listen to me now

Don't ignore, listen to me now
Sometimes darkness
Can show you the light

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sound of Silence is a helluva good remake. They knocked that one out of the park, if you ask me. Video is damn good, too, as is the one for The Light.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I play metal/industrial metal guitar for a living but I listen to just about everything metal from 'radio friendly' metal like Disturbed to industrial metal to the darkest, blackest metal. Been listening to them since day one first album. Like em like alot same as alot of other guitar heavy bands. 'Immortalized' is in rotation in my Spotify- weirdly 'The Sound of Sillence' is my least fave ROAD song (at home chillin its cool), have it unchecked actually, but the rest of the record is great. Commercial metal is getting stronger and I like it. I talked to Dan Donegan at NAMM one year about gear, cool fella, solid decent guitarist.

Last edited:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If everybody just played in "concert" tuning music would be kind of boring.
Thats why we have 7 and 8 string guitars now thankfully. Playing in 2 different bands I used to have to keep about 4,5 guitars minimum with me to get thru a show playing all of our alternate tunings and now I can do it all with just 2. Bands like Meshuggah, Animals as Leaders or Nile would be screwed without them.:yelclap:

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I play metal/industrial metal guitar for a living but I listen to just about everything metal from 'radio friendly' metal like Disturbed to industrial metal to the darkest, blackest metal. Been listening to them since day one first album. Like em like alot same as alot of other guitar heavy bands. 'Immortalized' is in rotation in my Spotify- weirdly 'The Sound of Sillence' is my least fave ROAD song (at home chillin its cool), have it unchecked actually, but the rest of the record is great. Commercial metal is getting stronger and I like it. I talked to Dan Donegan at NAMM one year about gear, cool fella, solid decent guitarist.
I agree, Sound of Silence isn't my favorite on the record when driving. You saw my recent rebuild of the stereo in the Z, so you know I like to jam. lol. I actually am going to be replacing my Dynaudio mids and Morel highs because I feel they just aren't "in your face" enough for my listening taste. I thought the extra power to the mids might help, but I'm now convinced the Dyns just aren't for me. Since they're a pretty expensive speaker, I can sell them off and pay for something else. I just picked up a set of Ground Zero Uranium components from a friend in TX to see how they'll do... he's very familiar with the Dyns I've been running, and my listening tastes, as well. lol I am going to be doing some aggressive damping/deadening of the doors as well.

If that doesn't give me the sound I want, the next step will probably be having custom doorpanels made with enclosures for either a pair of 6.5" midbasses, or a high-output 8" or 10" midbass and dash/pillar pods for midrange and highs. :D

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, Sound of Silence isn't my favorite on the record when driving. You saw my recent rebuild of the stereo in the Z, so you know I like to jam. lol. I actually am going to be replacing my Dynaudio mids and Morel highs because I feel they just aren't "in your face" enough for my listening taste. I thought the extra power to the mids might help, but I'm now convinced the Dyns just aren't for me. Since they're a pretty expensive speaker, I can sell them off and pay for something else. I just picked up a set of Ground Zero Uranium components from a friend in TX to see how they'll do... he's very familiar with the Dyns I've been running, and my listening tastes, as well. lol I am going to be doing some aggressive damping/deadening of the doors as well.

If that doesn't give me the sound I want, the next step will probably be having custom doorpanels made with enclosures for either a pair of 6.5" midbasses, or a high-output 8" or 10" midbass and dash/pillar pods for midrange and highs. :D

Myself in my mix I use slightly less mids and more bass and treble obviously being a metal listener cause metal lacks bass mixed in the studio (most metal bass guitar is recorded direct to the board via a DI box and dialed way down then mixed back up when mastering) and usually has too much mids already mixed but I do know how important it is for the spectrum for it to be there so I work with it, depending on the different vehicles sound fields. I have the same problem in my guitar rigs EQing so its nothing new to me.

Man, Dynaudio subs and Morel tweets, all I have ever heard are theyre like corn on the cob and butter, perfect match, or so Ive heard, hmmm. The Ground Zero's seem to always be sold out. Some serious gear there mang.

Im a cheap basturd compared to you, I run: Clarion headunits and processors, JLAudio 10" subs, 8" mids (polypropylene cones) in JL Audio stealth boxes, drivin em with Alpine F4s on the mids and one on each set of JL Audio tweets with an F6 or two on the rear box (I experiement with all sorts of configurations as well as series and parallel wiring)(the Alpines are stackable and run really cool even in trunk spaces). I run a set of tweets in the mid doors in my SUV and another set up top in front but only one set in the front in the Supra obviously it being a coupe, and only running one rear sub and 2 rear mids in the Supra vs the 2 and 2 in the truck. I dont buy uber expensive batteries and super HO alternators, just slightly better than average- Mechman has 200-240 range or so, mostly cause even tho Im only using 900 watts or so at total peak Im using a freakin 3Farad cap- only in the SUV tho, no cap needed in the car just an HO alt. I dont really get that much energy drag like some friends of mine who have been going to adding a 2nd slave battery in the rear. I use good Axxess 4g wiring, fuse links, etc. Its also a trip working with such low impedances-2,4,8- compared to my guitar and stage gear-4,8,16- when figuring out my equations. I was a sales rep for Peavey in between music gigs in the 90s and we did alot of promo events where we really got to play with the PA gear and I try to get that same thump in my heart as we would get with stage gear. That is my goal anyways, lolllll. I'll be deaf some day. Waaa....:cool:

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm running Stereo Integrity subs in the Z now, the Dynaudio are the midbasses (Dyn MW162). Still on the stock alt for the Z, but I will probably be putting a new HO alt in sometime soon.

The truck is a different story...

i236.photobucket.com_albums_ff121_tRdoc_2004_20Tahoe_20stereo_20install_March2011085.jpg

3 alts with a total of 680A of alternator power, 2 batteries and miles of 1/0 cable with a nice custom power distribution seen in the pic above. At the moment, I am getting some trouble with the electrical and the alts. I think one or more of them is screwed, and I'll probably be pulled the triple-alt bracket and alternators and cutting it back to a stock 145A alt for now until I send them off to get rebuilt. I won't be able to crank the hell out of it with that alternator, so I'll probably just put my 12s behind the 3rd row and leave the 3 JBL 15s in the garage until I'm ready to restore the Power Plant. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom