Think I'm going to try out IDPA this nxt month

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so Sat the 9th match is on ?? (I'm so confused) I just picked up a couple extra mags 28$ a peice, a dbl mag carrier $30, and 250 rds of 45 ammo from Walmart $98.00. all the fun Im hopping to have on saturday; priceless

I originally thought that Oil Cap's match this month was cancelled as the result of a brain fart. It is still on. USSA's match Saturday was never in question.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, USSA this Saturday for IDPA. We're going to start a little earlier due to the heat. Sign in will start at 8AM with squads heading out by 8:30. If you're waiting till 10AM to show up, we'll be waiting in the A/C for you when you finish! :)

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ok so I've been looking over the IDPA rule book for holsters and I've come across an issue, so I need to ask someone who is alittle smarter than I on these type of issues. Rules state that no Small Of Back holsters are to be used, my everyday carry is a SOB. HOWEVER I don't wear the holster in the small of my back. I wear it "Kidney Carry" converting the holster from a SOB to a pancake type holster (which is approved within the IDPA rules). I do have an awesome IWB holster but it is not nearly as confortable as my modified SOB carry. I would like to compete as I carry but WILL NOT let that keep me from the match on saturday. Anyone have any thoughts/clairifications ???

TDH1988

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That rule is there to keep people from having to draw from behind their back as it could put the range officer/other shooters in line of your muzzle on your draw. If you have a SOB holster that works as a pancake on your strong side hip, you should be good. I would recommend taking both, just in case.

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I HAD A BLAST !!!!!! (figuratively and literally) now I wanna shoot some of the other events, I am unsure how I did, would have done better if I had boned up on the procedures and not gotten so many procedurals and shot for accuracy instead of time, but I'm learning. I would encourage anyone who has even considered shooting a match to just go out and do it. I had a great time, I feel (gotta check with the wife first) I've gotta brand new hobby

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I HAD A BLAST !!!!!! (figuratively and literally) now I wanna shoot some of the other events, I am unsure how I did, would have done better if I had boned up on the procedures and not gotten so many procedurals and shot for accuracy instead of time, but I'm learning. I would encourage anyone who has even considered shooting a match to just go out and do it. I had a great time, I feel (gotta check with the wife first) I've gotta brand new hobby

Good deal man!!! Once you shoot one match, you're addicted! I know what you mean about a new hobby. lol. Now you gotta bring out some of your friends and get them hooked.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend keeps telling me to do this. I think I have new-guy stage fright :) But it does sound like a lot of fun...

I had the same thing. Trust me, you will have nothing but fun! Everyone there is respectfull, helpfull and supportive! Only warning I will give you is, make sure your budget allows for a new addiction! ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom