Thinking about going over to the dark side...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
What about ATI 1911's ? They're made in the Philippines (can't remember the parent company off hand ). Not the same as RI. How is there QC?

I have one in commander size and it has been great!! No pistol issues, mags that came with the gun initially did not like 8 rounds but now they run great !! Still all factory internals and I shoot this gun at least once a month generally 2-3 times a month!! Great shooter!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger makes an excellent pistol, and they are of series 70 design, ifthat is a thing to you. I like that they are just a basic 1911, either Commmander Style or Govt Model in the correct lengths. Check prices online, I'd guess grabagun.com or Buds will have the best going.

But, if you do this, it's going to be hard to start callling you 1911 Commander 'em Down; I mean, it just doesn't have the same ring to it. That's somethinbg to consider you know.

Hardy Har Har, that's funny right there!

Last edited:

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile...nd-15-Belt-Black-Leather/productinfo/P1BLL15/
What holster do you use, I am still looking for one that I like.
Thanks in advance
I use a Wilson Combat Holster.
P1BLL15_4.jpg

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of plastic pistols.

There. I said it.

As I get older, part of me wonders about a .45 in Commander length. But I can't afford a Colt, Kimber or Springer, so I'm forced to consider foreign made clones that, to me anyways, seems sacrilegious and unpatriotic.

What are some others (if any) that are American made?
Well welcome to the ole guys world. So glad when people get nostalgic and are ready to step away from the plastic world.
1ac1cce99c22aa397f1cca0f20f5fbbe_kindlephoto-40930155.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What holster do you use, I am still looking for one that I like.
Thanks in advance

There's as many good holsters as there are guns...everybody has a favorite or two it seems...check these out though for good leather for notta lotta bucks:

www.ubgholsters.com

Use coupon code OKShooters at checkout and he gives you a nice discount, like equal to shipping fees or something like maybe 10-15%, I can't remember right now exactly.
Anyway, a couple popular ones are the RTBA for OWB and the Canute for IWB. I think they are like $65 each, hard to beat his price and his quality is very good. Nate Gable runs UBG holsters; he started off right here on OSA several years ago as jarhead79; still pops in every so often even though he's now moved to Utah.

Latest posts

Top Bottom