Thinking about going over to the dark side...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldman62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's as many good holsters as there are guns...everybody has a favorite or two it seems...check these out though for good leather for notta lotta bucks:

www.ubgholsters.com

Use coupon code OKShooters at checkout and he gives you a nice discount, like equal to shipping fees or something like maybe 10-15%, I can't remember right now exactly.
Anyway, a couple popular ones are the RTBA for OWB and the Canute for IWB. I think they are like $65 each, hard to beat his price and his quality is very good. Nate Gable runs UBG holsters; he started off right here on OSA several years ago as jarhead79; still pops in every so often even though he's now moved to Utah.

Ordered the RTBA and going to give it a try, 12% discount with code, covered all but .15 cents of the Shipping.
Thanks again for the info.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered the RTBA and going to give it a try, 12% discount with code, covered all but .15 cents of the Shipping.
Thanks again for the info.

Well excellent! Glad to be of some help. I have the RTBA for 2 different pistols, I think it is a fine OWB holster. It’s a medium ride pancake, which suits me fine, and it does bring the pistol in nice and tight to your side. I hope you like it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of plastic pistols.

There. I said it.

As I get older, part of me wonders about a .45 in Commander length. But I can't afford a Colt, Kimber or Springer, so I'm forced to consider foreign made clones that, to me anyways, seems sacrilegious and unpatriotic.

What are some others (if any) that are American made?
Here ya go.
Screenshot_20180601-084637_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20180601-084702_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20180601-084711_Samsung Internet.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Glock 'em down if you wanna try one out without shelling out for one, I've got a Para Commander-length 1911 with a few upgraded Wilson parts and such you can use. It has just sat in my safe for quite a while. I could clean it up and we could figure out a way to get it to you. Surely someone will be heading between Tulsa and OKC sometime. Keep it as long as you need. I like it. My other one is a Springfield, also Commander-length, but it's a V10 ported version, so maybe not what you'd want to use for evaluation.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe guys who like to train with the gun they actually carry? Nah, nobody would do that; that would be stoopid.
Yes, because we all know the entire dynamics of the training is totally different for each weapon used.
I'm pretty sure what I learn in class with my browning HP will also work with my 1911 so I just have to continue the training with all my guns.
Now there's an idea

Latest posts

Top Bottom