This Ammo Shortage is Worse Than Last Time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This convo was just had about two months ago by most of us here. It's incredible that people do either buy in bulk when prices are low or buy a couple hundred round with each paycheck.

I was having the conversation with my wife just 15 minutes ago. I told her I have a complete lower that needs a complete upper (actually have two but she knows about one). I told here i'd like to get a complete upper in the next month or so because things could get dicey at/after election time and want to be in a better position that I am now with my ARs. She said to just go get it and if I need ammo then buy that too. She has always been one to never care about buying anything gun related, ever. I got a good one for sure. Going to pose a related question in the rifle subforum.
Gun/ammo prices have became cyclic in nature to politics and mass shootings. It seems we have a period of calm between these issues with attitudes becoming lax thinking it's going to last forever and it won't.
Kudu's on the wife's position about your purchases. She's a keeper!

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gun/ammo prices have became cyclic in nature to politics and mass shootings. It seems we have a period of calm between these issues with attitudes becoming lax thinking it's going to last forever and it won't.
Kudu's on the wife's position about your purchases. She's a keeper!

Yep - 2018 / 2019 was the time to buy guns / ammo. I got a new M&P 2.0 in 9mm from a Gunbroker penny auction for cheap (I’m told less than dealer cost including transfer and shipping) in late 2019. A relaxed market had set in. We won’t see that again for another couple of years, assuming Trump is re-elected.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember how we all got down on cheaper than dirt when they jacked their prices up before? Well, it seems like everybody’s doing it now. I tried to buy some 380 ammo online 1000 round case of 95 grain full metal jacket $666. That’s $.66 around triple the normal cost. I really have a fear that this is not gonna get any better for quite some time. I refuse to pay that price I’ll just shoot my bulk 22 and be stingy with my centerfire ammo.

It’s just frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t think it will get better until after the elections and that is only if Trump wins. I have my doubts with all the mail in voting in the swing states. Those are probably lost already just because that. To easy to cheat the ballots. Right now does indeed remind me of after Sandyhook with the shortage of ammo, panic buying all the neck beards

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sort of caught myself in this trap, or put myself into this unfortunate position maybe. I have been buying my common calibers (.22LR, .38 Special, 9mm) steadily over the last few years, and I'm good on those. But I didn't anticipate this sudden interest in Walther PPK and PPK/S pistols... (I now have five in various forms and fashions). Of those five, three of them are in .380ACP, another is in .32ACP, and one is in .22LR. Up until a short time ago, I didn't even have a .380ACP pistol, so I wasn't buying ammo in that caliber. I can find .32ACP all day, and at good prices still, and my .22LR stock is envious indeed. But damn .380 is gonna be tough! I'm not dry on it, but my .380 stock is the lowest of all.

So, I find myself in a position I wish wasn't happening. I'll just have to be stingy as far as shooting my .380ACP guns goes, and hope Trump wins. Even then, I agree that it's gonna take some serious time to build the stocks back up. It's a position I created myself by getting into a new caliber at the worst possible time.

So, this is another reason to make sure that you're registered to vote (https://www.usa.gov/confirm-voter-registration) and then to make sure that you get out and VOTE! To quote @OKCHunter in Post#2 above: "If Biden wins, God help us".

DSUFLYBOY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have any of you heard/participate in "Ammo Squared?" I haven't yet, but 10 or more of my close friends do and they absolutely love the service. Their videos are good at explaining how the ammo buying/shipping system works.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone take a look at what some prices are on Gun Broker....been to a dozen pawn shops around here, No semi-auto rifles, few bolt actions shotguns....mostly hunting type. Mil. surplus, all gone. My gosh a Century WASR 10/63 sold for over $1,600 !....those were $350 ten years ago...and $500 last winter of this year.

One shop in Stilwell use to have at least a hundred different Ak's and AR's....now, nothing. He told me he has a list of people to call if he does come across any. Ammo at the store...off type cal's...mostly .308, 30/06 ...7mm not much of anything else.

I think it is going to get crazier, We stopped shooting, well not like we use to maybe once a month now if even that.

Senile Joe Biden gets in...God help us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom