This Benelli M4 is mine, all mine!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may want to check out the ATF rules before you do the mag extension. There is a bunch of regs on how many US made parts have to be on the gun to be legal. I have the M1014. I think only 5000 of the M1014's were sold.
It was my understanding that they were okay to use but I will look into it further since you mentioned it.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got back home from trying it out. I had 23 rds of #4 buck, 7 rds of double-aught and 20 something rds of 7.5 shot. I have never owned a semi automatic shotgun, shot some but haven't owned one always been pumps or OUs for me. Well let me tell ya, IMHO this thing is smooth and for having an 18.5" barrel the recoil seems less than other shotguns I've had. It is balanced well and has a really good point of aim, not to say I'll be hunting birds or anything but for a tactical gun it's feels good. The ghost ring sights are great and as fast as I could pull the trigger this thing spit em out. Only thing left to say for now is WOW.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice. Benellis are the way to go for sure.
I've got a little over 2k through my M2 and I've cleaned it maybe twice.
Do you know if the tube extension is legal in my shotgun's current configuration? Profreedomokie has me wondering about that now and I want to know for sure before I order one.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to the ATF federal law 18 U.S.C. 922(r) 27CFR 478.39 and 18 U.S.C. 925 (d)(3) In short federal law prohibits us from increasing the magazine capacity on our Benelli M4 shotguns from 5 rounds to any more than 5 rounds. However there is a way around this, as defined by federal law and the ATF. We must replace a total of three imported parts on our M4's with American parts in order to increase the capacity of the magazine. You cannot just pick and replace any three parts you like. There is a list of specific parts per the ATF and federal law. The list consists of the following; receiver ,barrel, bolt ,bolt carrier, gas piston, trigger housing, trigger, hammer, disconnector, buttstock (with integral pistol grip ), forearm / handguard, magazine body, and follower. What they are saying is that your gun can only contain 10 imported parts from this list. The law says that " the parts must be completely removed and replaced with American made parts ". So even if you add you magazine extension , you would still have to replace three more parts I got this information off the web from Freedom Fighter Tactical back in 11/2013. The law could have changed by now. Good luck and enjoy you gun.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to the ATF federal law 18 U.S.C. 922(r) 27CFR 478.39 and 18 U.S.C. 925 (d)(3) In short federal law prohibits us from increasing the magazine capacity on our Benelli M4 shotguns from 5 rounds to any more than 5 rounds. However there is a way around this, as defined by federal law and the ATF. We must replace a total of three imported parts on our M4's with American parts in order to increase the capacity of the magazine. You cannot just pick and replace any three parts you like. There is a list of specific parts per the ATF and federal law. The list consists of the following; receiver ,barrel, bolt ,bolt carrier, gas piston, trigger housing, trigger, hammer, disconnector, buttstock (with integral pistol grip ), forearm / handguard, magazine body, and follower. What they are saying is that your gun can only contain 10 imported parts from this list. The law says that " the parts must be completely removed and replaced with American made parts ". So even if you add you magazine extension , you would still have to replace three more parts I got this information off the web from Freedom Fighter Tactical back in 11/2013. The law could have changed by now. Good luck and enjoy you gun.
I appreciate the information. Think I'll do as you say and just enjoy my gun as I do not want to get in trouble.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
922 is a joke, unless you get caught with illegal full autos or other high profile illegal guns you will never hear anything about 922. It would be a tack in charge for bigger charges.

Throw an extension on and live your life

Latest posts

Top Bottom