This girl goes to school tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to be a downer, but I buried our black lab yesterday. We got her for my daughter’s 5th birthday a little over 11 years ago. She was probably the most affectionate dog I have ever had, always wanting to be touching me, whether we were out for a walk, riding in the truck, and even when I was pushing the mower. I handled everything pretty well until I went to get something out of the freezer tonight and there in front of me was a deer leg that up I had put back as a treat for her. She will be missed. Cherish your time with your companion.
So sorry about your loss. It's a terrible day when that happens and we dog owners all have to do it occasionally. It hurts deeply when your best friend has to meet their end.
You have my absolutely deepest sympathies on the passing of your friend.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to be a downer, but I buried our black lab yesterday. We got her for my daughter’s 5th birthday a little over 11 years ago. She was probably the most affectionate dog I have ever had, always wanting to be touching me, whether we were out for a walk, riding in the truck, and even when I was pushing the mower. I handled everything pretty well until I went to get something out of the freezer tonight and there in front of me was a deer leg that up I had put back as a treat for her. She will be missed. Cherish your time with your companion.
Sorry to hear that. I had to put my other lab down about a year ago. It’s tough

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Undeg01, Sorry for your loss. I’ve been there and truly do feel your pain.
My current two Labs will be 12 in April, and as of now, I don’t think I will get another Lab after these are gone. I’ve also got a Boykin Spaniel that’s 6, and I’ll probably just focus on her until she’s gone and evaluate my life/hunting situation then.:anyone:
Edit**my wife says I can’t live without a Lab in my life...LOL!!!**

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the Jaycees I participated in dog trials years ago. My only job was to go out 200 ft, throw up a dead duck, shoot a shotgun while it was still in the air, then stand still while two other guys did the same thing at different yardages.

The dog was sitting by the handler watching. He was told to go then through the least amount of directions from the handler bring the three ducks back. I watched dog after dog after dog do exactly that. They turned to the left, went around behind the handler then sat on the left side of the handler waiting on the handler to take the duck. Participants came from all 48 states to that meet. Pups were being bought and sold in the parking lot for $20K to $30K. I heard one even sold for $50K.

I found an example of what happened here.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
047B5D70-9951-404F-B2F6-BFF2E6D064A0.jpeg

Here are the dogs on the way to school! They are siblings, one is my brothers dog

Latest posts

Top Bottom