1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

This is new to me...

Discussion in 'Rifle & Shotgun Discussion' started by PanhandleGlocker, Apr 12, 2021.

1. TheDoubleD

TheDoubleD Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I use brass 24 Gauge shot gun shells to make 577/450 Martini cases. Some also use the 24 gauge brass cases to make 577 Snider. Those folks also us plastic 24 gauge cases to make Snider cases. Some Sniders have misshapen chambers and the flexibility of the plastic allow the case to fit odd shaped chambers.

I make 450 Westley Richards Musket No. 2 cases from the brass 32 Gauge shotgun cases, although I prefer using 50/90 Sharps cases.

The Sharps cases are solid head, whereas the brass shot gun cases are semi balloon head and have a tapered shotgun rim.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    dennishoddy, DRC458 and MacFromOK like this.
  2. cdschoonie

cdschoonie Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Yes sir, Darren helped me out big time with my collection, really cool stuff in there.

3. HoLeChit

HoLeChit Semper Fidelis

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I personally think that having the hobby of hunting for specimens to taxiderm would not only be a cool hobby, but classy af. It practically calls for a scotch bar in the middle of the woods. FB995C41-ED83-491E-9A31-7F382852BE9B.png

OKNewshawk, bluegrassZ71 and O4L like this.
  4. OKNewshawk

OKNewshawk Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Love the hats!

MacFromOK and HoLeChit like this.
  5. Dorkus

Dorkus Marksman

I believe at one point there was also a 14 gauge. I also see 8 gauge shells at auction sites every now and then.