This is why you don't...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just about time for the weekly tourist who can’t read discovering why the national parks say don’t pet the buffalo post.
I read an article this morning that some tourists have filed a complaint with Yellowstone National Park that the buffalo are "not friendly enough". 🧐🧐

City folk wear me out. 🙄🤦🤦🤦

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of bulls, when we were on the farm/ranch, my nephew came over to help us out for a few days. We went out the first day to the barn and corrals so that we could feed and make sure the two water tanks were full of water. When I opened the gate to go through the pen with the father-in-law's 7 or 8 Hereford bulls to check the second tank, the nephew refused to even go through the gate. He was actually terrified.

As I walked back to the gate, I even petted a couple of the bulls.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just about time for the weekly tourist who can’t read discovering why the national parks say don’t pet the buffalo post.
I’m maybe 10 minutes away from the Wichita Mtns Wildlife Refuge and drive through fairly regularly if I have to go to Lawton. A couple years back I saw some idiot, I’m guessing father, trying to put what looked to be his 3 year old child on the back of a bison for a pic. 🤬😡😡🤬. It was getting so bad there was talk that they may shut the park down because there were too many morons and they were worried someone was going to get hurt.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m maybe 10 minutes away from the Wichita Mtns Wildlife Refuge and drive through fairly regularly if I have to go to Lawton. A couple years back I saw some idiot, I’m guessing father, trying to put what looked to be his 3 year old child on the back of a bison for a pic. 🤬😡😡🤬. It was getting so bad there was talk that they may shut the park down because there were too many morons and they were worried someone was going to get hurt.

I took this picture in the Refuge several years back (2018), but I made sure to take it using my 200-500mm lens. My momma didn't raise "too much of a fool," so I know my limits.

Latest posts

Top Bottom