This June was Missing Something

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had June bugs in May around my place. I'd scoop up several dozen every morning to give to the chickens. Then around the first weekend in June the June bugs went away.
The chickens are missing their treats.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The low numbers are fine with me. When I'm reloading at night, garage lights on and the door open, I get bombarded by Kamikaze June bugs.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fireflies! Man, I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a firefly. As kids, we'd catch them and put them in a jar with a lid and they'd be all lit up, buzzing around in there.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No June bugs here, either. But I have fireflies all over my backyard. It's kinda cool.

And I have found several toads ... Something I've not seen in a while, either.

Dawg killed a baby possum the other night which was kinda sad ... but then I'm sure there are plenty where he came from. I've seen a raccoon or two in the front yard (I'm guessing they were looking at the stuff I have planted up there -- blackberries and tomatos. Plus I put water out for the feral cats but take the cat food up every night.)

I don't mind the critters and/or bugs so much, no matter what kind they are. They all serve a purpose ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom