This may be out of.... Brigadoons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I waltz into Brigadoons the other day (was just "in town"), saw they had NO firearms on the shelf. I instantly remembered the drama about them selling a firearm to felon (or whatever the case may be) but politely asked why the do not carry firearms anymore. They stated: "Just didn't renew the license, we weren't making any money on firearm sales..." Lol, I had to chuckle.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I avoid them...I always got a weird vibe going in there. Made me wonder tho....how many people in that situation would have said something?
(i know it wasnt a WASR. this is theoretically)
"Alright here is your WASR. $500. Cool. Heres reciept. thank you."

My reply probably would have been "Um I would like my background check please, and a ten percent discount for you being too lazy to give me a form"

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What in the world are you guys talking about?

Are you saying you have knowledge of them knowingly selling to felons and/or selling firearms without the required paperwork?

Bryan

Tbird63B

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked at Brigadoon once upon a time. And I spoke to the owner, they turned in their FFL before the felon situation ever happened. We always did the FBI NICS check before selling any firearms. The owner is sometimes an *******, but always followed the rules.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mark is a stand up guy that followed ATF regs to the letter. He got tired of kissing ATF rear and feared their new fine authority, so he got out.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you saying you dont read OKS forums? Or watch news? Or read paper?

I skim the okshooter.com forums most days. I watch the news maybe once or twice a month and haven't read a paper in years. I do look at TV station and newspaper websites from time to time.

I do recall that Brigadoon's is where the guy that killed the officers in Seminole County bought his gun, reportedly about five years prior to using it against the officers. I do not recall hearing anywhere that there was any evidence that Brigadoon's did anything improper in selling him the gun. If I missed that, I'd appreciate a link.

Bryan

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I skim the okshooter.com forums most days. I watch the news maybe once or twice a month and haven't read a paper in years. I do look at TV station and newspaper websites from time to time.

I do recall that Brigadoon's is where the guy that killed the officers in Seminole County bought his gun, reportedly about five years prior to using it against the officers. I do not recall hearing anywhere that there was any evidence that Brigadoon's did anything improper in selling him the gun. If I missed that, I'd appreciate a link.

Bryan

I only heard it on the news..I can look for a link. I was just wondering if that really happened to you...what would you say? Im sure bootleggn has a link...he has links for everything.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only heard it on the news..I can look for a link. I was just wondering if that really happened to you...what would you say? Im sure bootleggn has a link...he has links for everything.

Here's the only news story that I've seen that mentions Brigadoon's:

http://newsok.com/agents-seek-answers-about-seminole-county-shoot-out-gun/article/3390555

There's no allegation that they sold the gun illegally. I thought you might have "further information" that I hadn't heard about.

Bryan

Latest posts

Top Bottom