thoughts on 243. savage 11vt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliott

Marksman
Reaction score
Looking to buy a savage 11vt in 243. Never owned a savage rufle in anything above 22lr would like to hear pro/cons on savage before i buy one

Thanks osa!

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new savage's are beastly, so long as you're getting an accutrigger. Getting them in, the fit/finish varies in quality, but all have been MOA shooters. 243 is a great Oklahoma hunting/distance target caliber

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get it! You'll be happy happy happy...
As as MoBoost would say, "you could take one out of the box and compete with it in a long range match, and ***** about the tuperware stock the whole time your beating their $3000 rigs" LOL

But honestly, you won't find a better shooting gun out of the box.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought my first non-.22lr Savage in .243 accutrigger, and took it to the range this past Saturday. I LOVE it. As one said "Happy. Happy. Happy."

You can buy replacement stocks, but I'm happy with the black. Get one w/o the glass and put your own good scope on it.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard from little tweety bird, that Cold Hand Arms is getting a shipment of Savage Hog Hunters in 308 this Monday for $449. Hard to beat 308 accutrigger with threaded barrel. I am gonna go get one ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom