Thoughts on the "high mag" tax?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't show you that, and I'm not trying to attack you. I have heard many LEOs (some that I count as friends) say they won't enforce these unconstitutional laws. Sheriffs, police have been on the media saying these coming laws will not be enforced.

My question is - why now? Which laws will you refuse to enforce? If you pull over a guy with a full-auto, or a sawed-off shotgun, do you report it? Today, or only when Biden gets in?

Are sawed-off shotguns verboten, but 30-round mags OK? Who makes that call? Seriously, where is the line?

I don't know, I'm no longer in LE, but I'll tell you this, the call is going to be made, and the line will be in different places for different people.

I'm not going to go down the rabbit hole with you, but Waco and Ruby Ridge need not have happened, and if someone in those federal agencies had listened to local LE in both places, neither of those would have happened the way they did.

It's probably going to be a lot like the immortal words of Justice Stewart, "they'll know it when they see it".

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, I'm no longer in LE, but I'll tell you this, the call is going to be made, and the line will be in different places for different people.

I'm not going to go down the rabbit hole with you, but Waco and Ruby Ridge need not have happened, and if someone in those federal agencies had listened to local LE in both places, neither of those would have happened the way they did.

It's probably going to be a lot like the immortal words of Justice Stewart, "they'll know it when they see it".

Yeah, that's kind of what I believe as well. As long as there are federal prosecutors and local LE that DO enforce these infringements, it'll be a game of Russian Roulette for Joe Gun Owner if he has interaction with LEOs.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that's kind of what I believe as well. As long as there are federal prosecutors and local LE that DO enforce these infringements, it'll be a game of Russian Roulette for Joe Gun Owner if he has interaction with LEOs.

That was always the goal. Otherwise law abiding citizens fearful of the government. The more felons they create, the more control they have.

Mr E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the record, wanted to say thanks for everyone sharing their thoughts and feelings on this subject. I'd like to think living in a gun loving state such as this we'll be immune from whatever insanity Biden has planned, but as a worst case planner, I wanted to hear what others had to say about it. So, thanks again!

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a guy, who knows a guy who would sell you his crazy high capacity magazines with no tax, that's right ZERO TAX right now.

At least he says he knows them...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the record, wanted to say thanks for everyone sharing their thoughts and feelings on this subject. I'd like to think living in a gun loving state such as this we'll be immune from whatever insanity Biden has planned, but as a worst case planner, I wanted to hear what others had to say about it. So, thanks again!

All I know is that it would take the House, Senate and Oval Office to make it happen, and then be upheld all the way through SCOTUS. There would likely be at least half of all the state AG's filing suits against it, and more state preemption laws that withhold any support to the feds on enforcement. I don't see any way it could stand in today's anti-federalist environment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom