Thunder player goes to jail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/01/justice/oklahoma-city-thunder-deandre-liggins

(CNN) -- Oklahoma City Thunder guard DeAndre Liggins was in jail early Sunday morning on charges of domestic abuse.

Liggins, 25, was booked into the Oklahoma County jail Saturday night where he's being held on an $8,000 bond.

According to jail records, authorities charged Liggins with domestic abuse in the presence of a minor child -- a felony.

No additional details were immediately available. But police told CNN affiliate KOCO, that the victim is believed to be Liggins' girlfriend.

In a statement to NewsOK.com, the team said it was aware of the arrest.

"We are aware of the situation and take this matter seriously," the statement read. "We are in the process of gathering more information and have no further comment at this time."

Liggins was signed by the Thunder last year after playing his rookie season with the Orlando Magic. He has averaged 1.6 points and 7.2 minutes a game for his career, and has been used almost exclusively as a substitute.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a shame for everyone involved. He was barely holding onto his position before this happened. After all Sam Presti has done to build a "character"-based team, I just don't see Liggins sticking around. It's a shame. I liked how DeAndre played.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the most part the Thunder players have been really good. You don't hear a lot of this. The only person I can remember getting in trouble was the Birdman but was when the Hornets where here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom