Thunderbeast Suppressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiearmory

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone own or ever shot a Thunderbeast Arms suppressor? If so what are your thoughts? They are one of the highest priced suppressors out there and wondering if they are worth the money.

okkaps

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot the 30P-1 quite a bit over the last year and am waiting for the Ultra 7 CB (.30 cal) to get in stock so I can order (I'm told within the next 30 days). In the .30 cal market there are a lot of great suppressors and the more you read the more everyone has their favorite and an argument for each one. For me it came down to a handful of choices, I'd say I narrowed my choices to 3-4 different manuf. Yes you can buy a .30 cal can for $400 and someone will argue "well why spend 1k when you can spend 400". So I decided on the Ultra 7 .30 cal can specifically for several reasons and pure personal choices I might add. There are other cans that I'd also consider but just so happens I picked the Ultra 7.

Since having experience with their products I know they retain the rifles accuracy and there is little POI shift. The company offers great customer service and their support for the LR community is well known. The Ultra 7 specifically is about the length I was looking for at 7". It's amazingly light weight at 9.7 ounces which was nice but not a deal killer if it was a little heavier. In terms of how quiet it is...it's supposed to be less than the 30P-1 which is two inches longer and twice the weight...amazing! I honestly like the 30P-1 so I know I'll love the Ultra 7. When it came to direct thread or qd/ thread over I definitely didn't want direct thread because I was going to be swapping it out from rifle to rifle a lot and don't care to ruin any threads on the rifles. Their muzzle brakes have been great in the past but I don't have experience with their new ones. I do shoot a lot with just muzzle brakes so finding a company that offered high quality muzzle brakes was a priority. I do enjoy my Surefire brakes and find that they are top notch for a brake/ qd can mount. I just can't talk myself into spending that kind of money on something longer and heavier (Surefire can)

I suppose for a lot of people it may come down to just dollars and cents (meaning that's your only and main criteria) which for me seems silly... "I only have xxx.xx dollars to spend." Buying a suppressor is kind of a luxury item let's admit it. If someone's argument is purely money then maybe buying one isn't for you right now and you should wait and save up. A can isn't something you should regret buying because you certainly will never get your money back out of it and God forbid if you don't buy the right one the first time you will be pissing money out the window. I figured if I was buying one can for all of my rifles (5.56, .308, 6.5, .260) then I might as well buy high quality with the features I really want and that comes with a higher price. If I were to buy two separate cans I'd be spending more is how I see it, one for 5.56 and another for the rest.

There are a lot of great cans to consider and my choice just happened to be this one. I would certainly own one of the others I had looked at but my choice was the Ultra 7. I would say the group I considered were anywhere from $850-$1050 ish range so it wasn't like I was considering a $500 can vs. $1050 can. Keep in mind this was my choice because I needed one can for many rifles. If I were buying for one rifle/ one can scenario then I might have chosen different seeing that I would be buying multiple cans and everyone likes to save a little money right.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've ordered two of the 30P models for long range shooters. . .apparently those guys swear by them. While I was ordering I got myself one in 556. Don't know that it is any quieter than my Kestrel, but I haven't shoot for accuracy. And accuracy is what TB prides themselves on.

okkaps

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I should have premised my reply by saying that I'm all about saving money where I can and finding the best product for the dollar while maintaining a quality product with the features I really want. By no means am I a suppressor snob! :)

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I should have premised my reply by saying that I'm all about saving money where I can and finding the best product for the dollar while maintaining a quality product with the features I really want. By no means am I a suppressor snob! :)

I didn't take it that way. Just a man who knows the difference between price and value. Thanks.

Shiredude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My advice is for you to go to Gene Sears supply, pull 3, 4, or 5 of them out of the box and fondle them a little. This is long term investment (something you'll never get rid of). Don't buy one just by reading the internet and looking at pictures.

iceman755

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tbac snob here. Do it but once cry once style with all your nfa purchases and you won't feel bad. I too have a30p-1 and now an ultra7 in process. The 7 will fill all the smaller niches I need with shorter cans. My p1 will be relegated to the long range gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom