Thunderbird Run 'n Gun, July 13, 2013 -- do you have what it takes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i281.photobucket.com_albums_kk201_henschman_Thunderbird2013blackbanner_zpsac06db31.jpg

You may be a decent shot at the range... but how well do you perform while hauling your guns and gear cross country? Prepare yourself for the challenge of the Thunderbird Run 'n Gun!

The Thunderbird Run 'n Gun is a center-fire biathlon, combining a 2 mile run with 5 shooting stations for rifle and pistol, being organized by fellow OSA member Ted Kennedy and I, and hosted by Ken Caudill at the Thunderbird Range. It will be held on July 13, 2013 at the Thunderbird Range in Tecumseh. The entry fee is $45, and includes a T-shirt and dinner. It is limited to 60 participants, so sign up now to reserve your spot. This is true field-style shooting, with no classes or equipment limitations. If you want to carry it for 2 miles, you can use it. The estimated round count is 80 rifle and 45 pistol. Your final score will be a combination of your run time and your shooting score, weighted equally. This is not 3-gun or practical rifle... it is a biathlon. As such, it has rules and procedures that are unique to this type of event, and those wanting to participate will need to familiarize themselves with them. Trust me -- it doesn't get much more fun than this!

For more information and to sign up, visit our website at www.okrunngun.com.

Check out our facebook page at www.facebook.com/okrunngun.

PM or e-mail me if you are interested in being a sponsor for this event.

See you on the trail!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks fun. The way my year is going I'll probably be out of town. Maybe y'all can make it a recurring event if it goes well!

Latest posts

Top Bottom