Thunderbird Run 'n Gun, July 13, 2013 -- do you have what it takes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great. Glad to meet both of you...and thanks for doing the Air Force proud! You placed well in the match. 13th Overall? Not bad for a crusty old AF SNCO.

Hopefully you can make plans for the winter match if they get it put together....

b1bjetmech

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks! I was surprised at my run time. I guess all those miles I put in paid off! I just need to work on my shooting some more! Too bad I couldn't put a round on the 400 yard target!
I'm game to do the winter match - except if they make it mil bolt action rifle - I'll have to practice up with my Mosin Nagant! Ouch!

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks! I was surprised at my run time. I guess all those miles I put in paid off! I just need to work on my shooting some more! Too bad I couldn't put a round on the 400 yard target!
I'm game to do the winter match - except if they make it mil bolt action rifle - I'll have to practice up with my Mosin Nagant! Ouch!

I heard that you apparently work with my father in the KANG. Sometime this summer or fall you and he ought to drive down here and get some range time. We can get you squared away on the long-range stuff.

Ek

b1bjetmech

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ek - I assume you are Paul Bliss's son? I do remember talking to you, but of course I had no idea who you were! It was cool to meet you. I told your dad that you seemed to be in your element there!
So where is "down here"? Are you in the Norman, OK City, Moore area? I might have to take you up on that offer! We have no long ranges here (that I'm aware of anyway).

MauserAl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you OSA for an outstanding shooting event! Haven't worked so hard in a firearm related setting in over four decades, and certainly never had so much FUN shooting! The RO's (and wives) were excellent and Ken was very kind to allow us to abuse his property, thank you Sir! I am glad I invested 30 AR rounds in left hand rifle shooting, wish I had made an effort to improve my lousy cardio fitness. Was very happy with 38th place out of 60 contestants.......until I realized there were only 43. I'm crushed. Gotta do better next time and cannot wait for the next one, no matter what it is!!! I'll be 64 in Sept., was I the "old man" of the contest? Thanks to the RO called Pop, your patience and encouragement helped a completely gassed geezer at stage 4, even though I blew it with the magazine malfunctions. I was very proud to be able to participate in a sporting event that I probably didn't belong in! And last congrats to Mr. Cocheran, a spectacular performance! My son Mike and myself (the old jarhed) Randall Alexander had a very memorable Saturday!

Latest posts

Top Bottom