Thunderbird Run 'n Gun, July 13, 2013 -- do you have what it takes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gliderace

New to the site!
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I have the GPS track logs from the course saved as GPX or KML files.
You can download them from my site at the following URL: www.mustangaeronautical.com/Surveys/

There is a small bit of doubling-back that you'll find (the green flags; good stuff), but not much. If anyone has problems downloading or whatnot, let me know.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I have the GPS track logs from the course saved as GPX or KML files.
You can download them from my site at the following URL: www.mustangaeronautical.com/Surveys/

There is a small bit of doubling-back that you'll find (the green flags; good stuff), but not much. If anyone has problems downloading or whatnot, let me know.

That is some good info. Thanks!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was talking to a guy who wanted some machine work done. Some knob extensions for his scope, can't remember who he was now to make them for him???

I didn't do "great" on any of it other than my run times and stage 4/5, I smoked them. I got hung up on the V-tach trying to lay down to shoot through the bottom slot. Took a lot of time to focus through my scope, couldn't find it! Then the pistol tree!!!! Geeze, I dumped a whole mag trying to hit the top target then hit all the others with one shot a piece LOL
I guess I was consistant though cause my Over All got me a trophy.... Still, wish I could have done better on some of the shootin courses.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got hung up on the V-tach trying to lay down to shoot through the bottom slot. Took a lot of time to focus through my scope, couldn't find it!

That was the first time I've ever shot through one and I've never tried to fire my rifle canted. I figured if I could see the target through my optic, I'd be able to hit the target. Luckily I was able to walk my bullet into the target but I clearly didn't think about the physics of the bullet prior to shooting it. I looked it up and found a good YouTube video that explained what I was doing wrong. With the elevation of the scope and gravity pulling the bullet down, I was way off.

DISCLAIMER: video seems to make sense but I haven't actually tried it yet!

[video=youtube_share;D-UcAmW8zCs]http://youtu.be/D-UcAmW8zCs[/video]

gliderace

New to the site!
Reaction score
Cool, how long did you measure the course at?

The course length came out (on my Garmin) as 3.04 miles.
I measured the accidental 'out and back' that I did on the Green Flag trail, and that came out to an extra 0.08 miles.
Therefore, if you count just the planned course, it would have been 2.96 miles. Some of those are, of course, straight-line optimizations in the brush, so 3 miles almost exactly is what I would say.

The elevation gain was 156 feet, if anyone cares.
Also, I ran with my HR monitor on, and for me I was averaging 85% MaxHR on average. It says I burned about 6 beers worth of calories.

Latest posts

Top Bottom