Thunderbird Run 'n Gun, July 13, 2013 -- do you have what it takes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cocheran

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, my running ap said 3.1 miles. I wouldn't want to go any further since that's what I train for :) , but I think I may do the Texas one in september and it's like 6 or 7 miles. But with the stopping to wait and shoot it wouldn't be as hard as running 6 miles straight. It'd be cool if the trails were really obvious so you could run your hardest, instead of looking for the trail. (like you would if bigfoot was chasing you through the woods, which was what I was picturing in my head while I was running :) ) That would spread the times out a little more. I also don't have mil/sup, so it'd be cool if everyone could run and just have a class for mil/sup. My two cents :) My brother has 120 acres of trees in the middle of nowhere between Cyril and Anadarko. I told him we should have one there.

cocheran

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That video was real good. I had never shot canted before. So I was curious when I showed up and seen that wall what was going to happen. I didn't really believe the meant "canted" on the website before the run. I got lucky and just aimed right on and hit it. I tried to cheat with as little tilt as possible. I had brown in my scope from the board while I was shooting in all the slots. I tried it out at my house with the 22 a couple days after run and I did have to hold pretty high to hit. I also made me a wall after I got back :)

stone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AllOut that was me. I couldnt remember your screen name either. PM me and I will shoot you my cell #. I had a great time on the run. I'm definetly in for a 6 or 7 miler!!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was the first time I've ever shot through one and I've never tried to fire my rifle canted. I figured if I could see the target through my optic, I'd be able to hit the target. Luckily I was able to walk my bullet into the target but I clearly didn't think about the physics of the bullet prior to shooting it. I looked it up and found a good YouTube video that explained what I was doing wrong. With the elevation of the scope and gravity pulling the bullet down, I was way ]

I shoot pretty well canted to the right, but never done it to the left. My problem was finding proper eye relief with no check weld. My head was just floating around in the air lol
Once I got a good view through my scope, I put right on and nailed them. Just took a while to get a good site picture.

BGAvitek

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope I didn't miss it somewhere in the thread, but are there any plans for another Run-N-Gun event? I just found out about the most recent one, and would love to participate if/when there is another.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope I didn't miss it somewhere in the thread, but are there any plans for another Run-N-Gun event? I just found out about the most recent one, and would love to participate if/when there is another.

Tentative plan is for another Run N Gun in January - no details yet, but will post as soon as it starts coming together.

Latest posts

Top Bottom