Timney 641C trigger install in Ruger American

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my trigger today and WOW! It's more than I expected and I expected a lot.
Here's pics of the install. Pic one is when I unpacked and unopened. Two and three are the left and right side of trigger. Four is the front of trigger with pull adjustment screw. Five is rear sear (don't mess with this baby). Six is top of new trigger. Seven is old trigger. Eight is removal of front pin. Will post part two in following reply. Out of room

Trigger unopened 1.JPG trigger left side 2.JPG trigger remove bolt lock clip 11.JPG
trigger front pull adjustment screw 4.JPG trigger rear sear adjustment (dont touch) 5.JPG trigger top 6.JPG
trigger old left 7.JPG trigger remove front pin 8.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Part two. Pic 9 remove rear pin. Pic ten remove trigger. Remove blot lock clip, spring, safety bar from old trigger. Push in bolt lock from left side of trigger to get clip off. Note which hole the spring goes on housing. Pic eleven is bolt lock clip from old trigger installed in new trigger. Twelve is install of bolt lock spring and safety bar installed from left side. Note that safety button in in the correct position with the eye hole pointed forward. Thirteen is trigger dropped in attached to safety button and pins tapped in. Fourteen is the finished product. 3 lb pull that is perfect. Damn this is a great trigger.
trigger remove rear pin 9.JPG trigger removal 10.JPG trigger remove bolt lock clip 11.JPGTrigger install bold lock spring safety button connection bar 13.JPG trigger pins tapped in and safet bar attached drop in 15.JPG trigger finished and tested 16.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you fired it for accuracy yet?
Nope. Picked it up today and put it in when I got home after work.
I realized how gritty my factory ruger trigger was when I pulled the timney. It's like day and night. You were right about the 3 lb pull. I dry fired it a few time and man it breaks great. Trigger creep and over travel is perfect.
I doubt I will touch it for a while or maybe ever..
Smooth as glass.
Posted the pics because there's no vids on youtube or at timneys on install. Talked to customer service at Timney (nice people) and they are about to post a few of the 641C and a few of the other new T triggers.
I though this might get some interest but in hindsight, it's a very limited group that 1. Shoot 6.5 creedmoor and 2. Need a 641C trigger tutorial. Ha.
But it's here if anyone needs it, and I have other pics as well.
Just got a notice my Odin Atlas 6.5 comp is in San Diego, coming from Bonita CA (hour and a half North but half an hour west or wrong direction). Should be in by Monday. Was going to post the install but probably not enough interest in the Cal. If someone wants to see it, I'll post that I have pics and if they want, I I'll pm them or email.

Plan on range tomorrow to test out the trigger. Maybe after work. I'll pm ya and tell you the results.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Nope. Picked it up today and put it in when I got home after work.
I realized how gritty my factory ruger trigger was when I pulled the timney. It's like day and night. You were right about the 3 lb pull. I dry fired it a few time and man it breaks great. Trigger creep and over travel is perfect.
I doubt I will touch it for a while or maybe ever..
Smooth as glass.
Posted the pics because there's no vids on youtube or at timneys on install. Talked to customer service at Timney (nice people) and they are about to post a few of the 641C and a few of the other new T triggers.
I though this might get some interest but in hindsight, it's a very limited group that 1. Shoot 6.5 creedmoor and 2. Need a 641C trigger tutorial. Ha.
But it's here if anyone needs it, and I have other pics as well.
Just got a notice my Odin Atlas 6.5 comp is in San Diego, coming from Bonita CA (hour and a half North but half an hour west or wrong direction). Should be in by Monday. Was going to post the install but probably not enough interest in the Cal. If someone wants to see it, I'll post that I have pics and if they want, I I'll pm them or email.

Plan on range tomorrow to test out the trigger. Maybe after work. I'll pm ya and tell you the results.

I would say it's not specific to the caliber. If the comp design works, it works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom