Timney trigger quick range report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New Timney 641C trigger on creedmoor and took a few minutes away from my sick wife to try it out on paper.
Shooting Hornaday 120 grain A-MAX at 100 yards. No wind.
First pic is off a cheap bi-pod (it shows). Flipped up the stand and got my tube socks stuffed with rice and used them for my base with much better results
Pic two is the result of changing from the bi-pod to a better rest of tube sock rice bags.
Checked the trigger pull of the Timney again and again still showing just above 3 lb pull.
Loved the Timney. Just enough creep and over travel. Crisp break when you expect it.
Since I made no adjustments to the pull I might play with it and try just a small change, perhaps drop 1/4 lb to 2.75 or 1/2 to 2.5.
Nothing wrong with it the way it is but want to tune it and see. Going to try the 140 grain tomorrow.
Like I said, I'm open to any suggestions as this is new to me and I'm just fumbling through and grateful for all the suggestions you guys have made. I need MORE!!
Ada creedmoor Timney trigger 1.JPG
Ada creed Timney 2.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Work on controlling breathing. Cheapest improvement many will notice.
Man that's hard to do. I've been trying to get that down but haven't figured exactly how to do it. Suggestions appreciated. Trying to get between the heart beats, hold with half exhale but with all the fiddling I find myself doing to get on a perfect hold, I'm moving the crap out of the gun. Makes a huge difference at distance.
Suggestions on grip and pressure on shoulder would be also appreciated.
In other words, I'm all over the place. Also surprised that I get the results I do.
I think getting a better stable platform, like better shooting bags (dump the rice socks).

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a heavy kicker at all and I've never been sensitive to recoil. Not saying my 30-06 don't wear me out after a while, but this creedmoor is really ok. I think when I get the comp it will be even better.
Just seems after I get the cross hairs where they are rock steady, that's when I start getting some movement. Kind of like making a hard put for money in golf. You can over think it.
Suggestions appreciated, and thanks Bea, more suggestions are welcomed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom