Tips and tricks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKMinuteman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
How soon until dark?

Place your hand with fingers extended horizonally directly beneath the sun and factor 15 minutes for each finger between the sun and visible horizon. While not a time piece this will ensure time to get the tent set up and a fire going before sundown.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Washed animals at a pet groomer in college. If you want to give a cat a bath, put a spare window screen in the bottom of the tub, the cat will latch on and be very easy to wash.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is cool about the cat...
My buddy had a cat that always got in the shower with him if he left the door open..
Musta been smokin the same herb

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Swampratt, those damn little horse shoe clips on the wndow rollers are hell to get off on my '72 K5 even with the right tool. The rag "tool" is a great idea. Thanks.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GREASY HANDS/ Dirty hands
so no hand cleaner all out...
I keep a small juice glass by the sink with sugar in it..a little dawn in the hand and pour in some sugar..NO WATER
well maybe a few drops but that is it...rub into hands ..the sugar will not dissolve in soap.. This will scrub the grease right out.
Also makes hands soft..

Tackle box soap: irish spring or Ivory if you like soap to float ..drop said soap into the sand after you get it wet..
You just made pumice soap sort of

Latest posts

Top Bottom