Tishomingo WMA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone ever hog hunted there? We have a small trailer on Texoma about 45 minutes away so I was curious if it was worth the drive? I read a little bit on the WMA page, but wasn’t 100% sure if you could take a rifle in January for pigs. I have my lifetime hunting license so that wouldn’t be an issue, just wasn’t sure what rules the WMA had. I’ll also probably call the game warden before I go if I do decide to head out there.
Has anyone else hunted out there recently and seen lots of pigs? Lots of traffic?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone ever hog hunted there? We have a small trailer on Texoma about 45 minutes away so I was curious if it was worth the drive? I read a little bit on the WMA page, but wasn’t 100% sure if you could take a rifle in January for pigs. I have my lifetime hunting license so that wouldn’t be an issue, just wasn’t sure what rules the WMA had. I’ll also probably call the game warden before I go if I do decide to head out there.
Has anyone else hunted out there recently and seen lots of pigs? Lots of traffic?

Disclaimer: I feel like the majority of my experience is just because I’m extremely new to hunting hogs and have no clue what I am doing. my buddy and/or I went probably 7 times last year. Saw 3 Sounders, shot zero pigs. We would show up one morning, stay overnight and leave after a morning of walking around looking for pigs. I personally like the place, more accessible and more variety in terms of area compared to a lot of places. Lots of fishing and camping opportunities too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I feel like the majority of my experience is just because I’m extremely new to hunting hogs and have no clue what I am doing. my buddy and/or I went probably 7 times last year. Saw 3 Sounders, shot zero pigs. We would show up one morning, stay overnight and leave after a morning of walking around looking for pigs. I personally like the place, more accessible and more variety in terms of area compared to a lot of places. Lots of fishing and camping opportunities too.
Pigs aren't like deer. They wander in search of food. If disturbed they move away and won't come back for long periods.
I'm certainly not a pig expert, but OSA has some that are, and I'm repeating what I've heard from them.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pigs aren't like deer. They wander in search of food. If disturbed they move away and won't come back for long periods.
I'm certainly not a pig expert, but OSA has some that are, and I'm repeating what I've heard from them.

true. I’ve been trying to learn as much as I can. I feel like the majority of my luck is just to be expected. See lots of hogs, get into hunting hogs, see very few hogs. See lots of squirrels and rabbits while hunting hogs, start hunting squirrels and rabbits, never see one again. I’m hoping this year will be more fruitful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom