TNW ASR, a nice GBH option

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis73

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This rifle is billed as a survival rifle for bush pilots. It breaks down and stows away very compactly. While I am no pilot, I do travel more than 60 miles away from home daily. I consider this rifle a good piece of kit.

I won't go into the details of the rifle. Google will find you plenty of articles that will be better written than I can accomplish. A lot of those articles and forum posts are negative. But I think that is just the nature of the internet.

I'm putting this up as I slowly test mine for reliability, accuracy, and getting familiar with it. Very limited testing to date. But so far, so good!

Glock 33rd factory mag.

Bushnell TRS-25.

Federal Champion 9mm 115gr FMJ RN. No problems occurred. 100 rds.

Inherent accuracy is still to be determined, as this was my first session with this rifle and red dot.

P.S. - The bag pictured is a Condor hydration pack. Everything in the picture will fit inside it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 353

Travis73

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen any in any shops. There was one on here a long time ago. One on armslist. This one I found on a Facebook group.
DT is correct that there are several on GunBroker.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
King's Guns near Cushing has carried them in the past. The 45 acp seems to have some issues with the mags but most reviews I read on the 9mm have been good. I'd like to have one.

Travis73

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To make the carbine as small as possible I changed out a few of the original parts.
The buffer tube was commercial. I swapped this out for a mil-spec variety. The new tube was approx ⅝" shorter.
The adjustable stock was a plain Jane, generic type. ATI possibly. I replaced this with a Mission First Tactical Battlelink Minimalist stock. This removed some bulk and a little bit of weight. Plus they look cool and I wanted to try one!
The original grip is a SAW style. Which is pretty big in grip radius and length. I changed this out for a Magpul MOE K grip. Which is, I think, the smallest grip out there.
The foregrip is also from Mission First Tactical Battlelink. The Magpul MOE vertical grip is about ½" shorter. But I don't have one in FDE, so....
Flip up sights. So those folds out of the way. The red dot, with riser, gets removed for storage.
And, of course, standard mags would create a trimmer package when deployed.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't happen to have an m4 do you? It "looks" like it's about the same overall footprint of an m4 but perhaps with a bit less bulk. Hard to tell without seeming them in person tho.

Travis73

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good idea. Here's a few pics. Two for comparison of carbines. One to give an idea of how small it breaks down and stows.

Attachments

• IMG_20150408_214106648.jpg
    IMG_20150408_214106648.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_20150408_214236302.jpg
    IMG_20150408_214236302.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_20150408_214307354.jpg
    IMG_20150408_214307354.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 285

Latest posts

Top Bottom