To Deter Gun Slaughters, The Federal Government Must Cease Disarming The Innocents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good article and this is in Forbes Magazine

http://www.forbes.com/sites/richardsalsman/2012/08/12/to-deter-gun-slaughters-the-federal-government-must-cease-disarming-the-innocents/
8/12/2012 @ 10:57AM
To Deter Gun Slaughters, The Federal Government Must Cease Disarming The Innocents
Richard M. Salsman

.."The evidence is overwhelming now: no one any longer can claim, in candor, that the gun-controllers are “pacific,” “peace-loving,” or “well-meaning.” In truth they are avowed enemies of a key civil right and abject abettors of evil."

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
WOW, Forbes magazine, I wouldn't expect such a great piece there.

You've got to love this part....."Here’s the perversity of the gun-controllers: they’ve convinced politicians and law enforcement officials that public areas are especially prone to gun violence, and have pushed for onerous bans and restrictions on gun use in such areas; but that means they themselves are accessories to such crimes, because they’ve actively encouraged government to ban or restrict our basic civil right to self-defense; it means they’ve goaded stray crazies into publically slaughtering people with impunity."

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW, Forbes magazine, I wouldn't expect such a great piece there.

You've got to love this part....."Here’s the perversity of the gun-controllers: they’ve convinced politicians and law enforcement officials that public areas are especially prone to gun violence, and have pushed for onerous bans and restrictions on gun use in such areas; but that means they themselves are accessories to such crimes, because they’ve actively encouraged government to ban or restrict our basic civil right to self-defense; it means they’ve goaded stray crazies into publically slaughtering people with impunity."

This is the best part. Calling a spade a spade! :thumb:
The evidence is overwhelming now: no one any longer can claim, in candor, that the gun-controllers are “pacific,” “peace-loving,” or “well-meaning.” In truth they are avowed enemies of a key civil right and abject abettors of evil.

And something I noticed a long time ago and it just keeps getting truer and truer as time goes by, is that for the most part the only media that has any inkling of a clue are the financial sources. In the print media especially, the Wall Street Journal and my favorite The Investors Business Daily seem to have their stuff squared away for the most part. Don't even ask me what the hell happened to Bloomberg, I hypothesize that he was dropped on his head when he was a child. CNBC ain't a whole lot better either.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No the absolute best part is this is a repost. :)

Here's what I don't get. In the same way that it is undeniable that guns actually make you more safe than they do more dangerous it is also undeniable that big money runs America. If all the people with big money who run America know that guns are good why the hell don't they push the government that way like they do on all the other issues? Makes no sense.

Likely because as long as they have their guns and they are "too big to fail/too big to be subject to laymen laws" they could care less and probably prefer that the average citizen not be armed.

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's what I don't get. In the same way that it is undeniable that guns actually make you more safe than they do more dangerous it is also undeniable that big money runs America. If all the people with big money who run America know that guns are good why the hell don't they push the government that way like they do on all the other issues? Makes no sense.

Likely because as long as they have their guns and they are "too big to fail/too big to be subject to laymen laws" they could care less and probably prefer that the average citizen not be armed.

More likely that it's difficult to justify to a board of directors and to shareholders why you spent large sums of money lobbying over non-industry-specific issues. Investors expect a profitable return on all expenditures. Unless 2nd amendment issues directly affect business conditions, you won't see publicly held companies exert much influence. As for private companies, I suspect there is a lot of that money flowing to the cause. The Forbes commentary probably reflects that trend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom