to many bags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys just thought I would share and see if I have to many bags in my inventory... First is my "edc" man purse. It is an old us messenger bag replica that I've had since I was a weblo (yay scouts). I found it out in my parents barn a few years back after 15+ years of neglect and destress its a great bag. In it I carry a compact multi tool, bic lighter, 3 jerky sticks magnisium fire starter, a cold steel roach belly that's all wrapped up in a bandanna then wraped in 50 feet of para cord. Make a very compact package in the bottom of the bag.

Then in the car I carry my GHB which is a usmc ilbe assult pack and a sporterised 91/30, the pack contains a cold steel true flight thrower, stainless steel sports bottle. Etc etc,

Then at home I've got a medium alice pack (my favriot) as a bob that has a cold steel kukri and suplies to feed watter cloth and shelter me for 72 hours. With my amd-65.

Then at a pre determined bug out location I have a usmc ilbe main pack system as my inch bag if things go severly wrong, it has an Ontario spax-16 axe... And a cold steel bushman bowie... And alot more cold steel!!! A lot more stuff for trapping/hunting more mags and ammo for my amd-65 and a 10-22 takedown.

Too many bags? Should I simplify? Its hard to juggle and keep up with supplys for all 4.

pbaumei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Firm Believer in two is one and one is none. 4 bags is not too many. however make sure they compliment each other, and do not duplicate. The TAG Jumpable Ruck http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com/jumpablereconruckpack.aspx is an awesome bag that can carry as much weight as you want to put in it, and keeps all your stuff very organized.

5.11 Rush series also makes a nice system in that you can simply clip the 12hr bag to the 24 and the 24 to the 72. haven't carried it yet, but seems like a good concept.

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No such thing as too many. Overkill is better than being killed. I have several bags assembled n ready togo with constant supply rotation. I keep a clip board with inventory list per bag in my situation room, helps with orginization. Even have a bag for the dogs and am currently makin one for the newest prepper to be arriving soon

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have aquired many many bags over the years. Its a preppers curse...like knives, fire making gadgets and canteen/water containers. So you can never have too many of anything.

I carry a home made "possibles" bag...9"×9". Bic lighter, pocket knife, leatherman, EMT shears, para cord and a pack of smokes n wallet.

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
family of 5 and dogs/goats
Goats are leash trained and working on packs for them, everything that can walk will have a load, even if its just 10-20lbs. I would also recommend a bug out cart for your bags. you may drop a lot of stuff on your way, but you will have it until you do.
The really sad thing, Im partially disabled and we live at what we think is a "moderate" BOL, so we wont even be bugging out unless its fire or total EOTW and everyone is on exodus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom