Tokarev Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a nice polish tok from classic arms.
i251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo1155.jpg

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a nice polish tok from classic arms.
i251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo1155.jpg

One of those is on my bucket list. I have a Norinco 54-1 and I love shooting the 7.62x25. Ammo is getting a little more scarce, but not impossible to find. I found a 9mm barrell on gunbroker, I can swap it out in a few minutes and shoot 9mm with the same mag.

Big_Red_Truck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Polish stuff, does yours have an oval with a couple of ones inside?

I had a CZ-52, I believe it used a delayed roller block. It was big only to shoot a 30 cal down range.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Makarov pistol replaced the Tok, and is better at everything except punching vests. At one time vests in Europe were given the "Tokarev test." Most failed it.

Here is a site you may find interesting: http://www.makarov.com/

The CZ 82/83 is, as someone suggested, another real player. They are painted, and there are a bunch on alan's armory right now that look to be in great shape except for the chipped paint.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a CZ52 for a while (until sirjimmy tempted me with a baby beretta), fun gun to shoot... did great with the surplus machinegun ammo and the new SB stuff. There doesn't seem to be any surplus ammo left around these days though.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a CZ52 for a while (until sirjimmy tempted me with a baby beretta), fun gun to shoot... did great with the surplus machinegun ammo and the new SB stuff. There doesn't seem to be any surplus ammo left around these days though.

If you find any of it, keep it away from your Tokarev. Even for the CZ 52 it isn't recommended, and it'll flat grenade a Tok or a broomhandle Mauser.

Big_Red_Truck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been several years ago since I put some 30 Mauser through my chrony. I got in the neighborhood of 1375 fps. For a handgun cartridge, that's faster than some, not as fast as others.

I did not fire any of the machinegun ammo useing my chrony, I do recall a power difference. As said above, keep the machinegun stuff away from Toks and broomhandles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom