tokorev M57, or makarov

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been deep into Maks for a long time. I think the CZ 82 is a fine pistol, and the 12 round capacity is nice. It's a later generation gun, but for reliability, nothing beats a Makarov. In my experience, the East German guns are the best in terms of fit and finish, and have the best triggers. Any true Makarov (Soviet, Bulgarian, East German, and Chinese) is typically reliable. Parts interchange. Incidentally I have all parts except slides and frames if anybody needs anything.

I also got into Polish P-64 pistols. Un worked, the DA trigger is around (not joking) 27 pounds. You can work it down to sort of tolerable (I think the makarov.com site still has guidance on that). These are solid steel guns, a little heavy for pocket carry. Their SA triggers are excellent.

If you have big hands and good hearing protection, the CZ 52 will assure you privacy at the range. It's a fire breather in the dark, and the first shot nearly blinds all parties to the event.

I routinely carry an East German Makarov, and my spare is a Soviet built Mak.

Critical did I buy a bunch of maks and some 32naa mak conversions from you a few years back? I assume you are the same guy because there are not that many of us around. If you are the same guy I am interested in one of those 22 kits.
You are right about the CZ52. I still love to shoot mine at night. It is a firework show.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Critical did I buy a bunch of maks and some 32naa mak conversions from you a few years back? I assume you are the same guy because there are not that many of us around. If you are the same guy I am interested in one of those 22 kits.
You are right about the CZ52. I still love to shoot mine at night. It is a firework show.

Yep. I thought I sent you a PM, but can't find any record of it. Still got the .22 convrsions, complete with their own frames. PM me and we'll talk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom