Tom Dodson passed away June 23, 2020

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lomshek

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm posting this here figuring most anyone who frequents the forum knew Tom from Run 'n' Gun or Appleseed.

Long time Appleseed shoot boss and Run 'n' Gun competitor Tom Dodson passed away Tuesday June 23. I created a memorial post on the Appleseed forum with info about his home town memorial and more.
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=58550.0

Here's Tom on the right with a couple Appleseed friends and a pair of well battered targets.
Riflemen_on_a_hill_jpg-1477158.JPG

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was a staple at the Pawnee Run and Gun. He never set any land speed records but he was a shooter, trudged through the worst weather, and finished every time. He was persistent and consistent. Wish I'd had more time to talk with him. Looking through some pictures, he and I served on the same patch in Korea, 20 years apart...

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tom was a great guy. He RO'd at every RunNGun we put on, was as dependable as taxes. At Pecos he'd do the course, then - after everyone else was done and gone, he'd walk it, shooting each stage alone, trying to figure out how to improve.
He texted me a couple weeks back, concerning his surgery. His plan was to get it done, be back in training and ride the HotterNHell 100, then on to Pecos. His spirit was so upbeat, and he was 100% ready to get back in the game.
Damn good man, too bad there aren't more like him. RIP Tomcat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom