Tommybuilt T7 (MP7 Clone)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody here get one? They were pretty highly anticipated. First batch was 300, and supposedly 200,000 people tried to get one and crashed the site. Pretry strong interest in an oddball $3500 clone!

First "reviews" I've seen aren't good...lots of feed and cycle issues, although that's with zero break in so hopefully things smooth out. A buddy in the Tulsa area just picked his up from the FFL and will see how it goes tomorrow. Hopefully it goes better than the other videos I've seen.

celbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was very much ready to pull the trigger but the last few months leading up I really gave thought to just how many issues the tommybuilts have and after seeing the mp7 reviews I'm glad I decided not to get one.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they are trying but the one I handled, only handled and not shot, seemed to be a lesser quality than the real deal. For 3500 I’d expect more.

celbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they are trying but the one I handled, only handled and not shot, seemed to be a lesser quality than the real deal. For 3500 I’d expect more.
I've been following the project since it was announced and I understand the coolness of it and the amount of work it took to get to this point but I don't think that's an excuse as most people on the HKpro forums are using to not talk about its downsides at all. Had I actually purchased one for $3500 + accessories + two tax stamps I would have expected a finished product for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom