Top Shot TV show on The History Channel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still watch it and I like it.
I didn't care for the drama thing at first (probably because Seeklander was made out to be a jackass) but now I just roll with the creative editing.
I still wish they had more shooting/competition and less gaming.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. The slow motion, reverse, and still shots of the guns firing and bullets impacting targets is awesome. I hope the 3 gun nation show does that stuff too.

JJ and Blake look poised to kick everyones butts if the others don't for an alliance and work against them.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. The slow motion, reverse, and still shots of the guns firing and bullets impacting targets is awesome. I hope the 3 gun nation show does that stuff too.

JJ and Blake look poised to kick everyones butts if the others don't for an alliance and work against them.

That's my hope. Since Adam (jackass) is already trying to get everyone else against them, it's not likely.
I guess that's the only real problem with the show, it's really not about the "Top Shot", it's more about who can shoot well enough to keep off the radar, but also game well enough to last until the end.
The Zip Line thing was still my favorite. Man! That would be freaking awesome.

hd_rider13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elgin (The "I don't want to live in Lawton" town)
I shot on the same squad as Mike this last weekend at the Texas State Limited Championship. When it started pouring down rain on the first day, we all gathered under a tent, and someone asked Mike what he could discuss concerning the show.

It was interesting to hear him talk about it and actually know and speak to someone that was on one of those shows.

He had good things to say about the show. He said it's good for the shooting community to have a mainstream show on national TV and hopes that it keeps going for future seasons. He also said that they do some editing of events and conversations, but it was mostly to help develop the "story" of the competition.

The one thing he said that really shows what kind of man he is, goes as follows;
Someone asked him why he had a problem hitting the targets in the event that his team lost, and asked if it was the lack of practice with the rifle, the lack of help from his spotter, or a bad rifle in its self.

Mike said he would not blame anything else but himself and really left it at that.

That speaks enormously towards his character. A lot of people wold have jumped at the chance to blame someone or something else, but Mike took full responsability......whether it was his to take or not.

Good show, especially for the promotion of our past time.

I've been saving the episodes on my DVR. I'm going to burn them to DVD to compare to future seasons.

BSG

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's my hope. Since Adam (jackass) is already trying to get everyone else against them, it's not likely.
I guess that's the only real problem with the show, it's really not about the "Top Shot", it's more about who can shoot well enough to keep off the radar, but also game well enough to last until the end.
The Zip Line thing was still my favorite. Man! That would be freaking awesome.

You can shoot the zip line every year at the MGm Iron Man 3 gun event. I plan to attend next year for sure.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a big Top Shot thread in General Discussions.

I'm looking forward to next week with the Colt SAAs. So far the show has done a good job of covering many of the most popular, famous, and historic guns. A real survey of U.S. shooting culture.

They had Springfield '03s in the first episode. Am I correct that there's been no use of the M1 Garand yet?

You gotta know that's coming. ;)

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chris and I got to shoot the Limited match in the ProAm with Brad Engmann from Top Shot. He was a really nice guy. We all had a good time busting his chops about the stuff that was on the show thus far and he was a good sport about it. He finished 6th overall and high master in limited so he CAN shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom