Top Shot TV show on The History Channel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So who you you think the best shooter was?

JJ. Guy picked up everything super fast and is a total speed freak.

The bow and the throwing knife challenges are good examples. That guy has ice in his veins. I think he would have won the last challenge against any of the others fairly handily. He moves and shoots faster, which was, ironically, his downfall in the second to last elimination challenge.

Of course being a USPSA shooter my perspective is a little different...I value speed!

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JJ. Guy picked up everything super fast and is a total speed freak.

The bow and the throwing knife challenges are good examples. That guy has ice in his veins. I think he would have won the last challenge against any of the others fairly handily. He moves and shoots faster, which was, ironically, his downfall in the second to last elimination challenge.

Of course being a USPSA shooter my perspective is a little different...I value speed!

J.J. was good. I also like that he did not come off as a jerk like some of the other competitive pistol shooters. He was on equal footing with everyone going into the call your shot challenge. He missed the shot on his own challenge.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad it's back and putting a shooting show into the mainstream....the competition guys might want to see the big competition names duke it out every week, but the reality is it's more fun to see guys that don't shoot for a living have a go at it.

I haven't checked out the cast yet, but hopefully there are more plumbers and home builders this year.

(and no way was JJ the best shooter...the last round had 3 events, 2 were pistol, he's a pistol shooter and lost them all. Nice guy, but not the best shooter)

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad it's back as well. The best part is like was said earlier, they aren't all professionals. Yes, they have backgrounds in shooting, and some of them are professionals, but the vast majority is normal people who are good shots. I'm not big into reality shows, but if it deals with guns, I'm in! lol. It helps to have a cute girl like Magie (i think that was here name) on the show too!

FireproofD3:25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like this season will be pretty good. I'm rooting for Ashley, USAF Combat Controller. I'm bias toward the Air Force, those CCT guys are some bad dudes. Too soon to tell a front runner yet...

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad it's back and putting a shooting show into the mainstream....the competition guys might want to see the big competition names duke it out every week, but the reality is it's more fun to see guys that don't shoot for a living have a go at it.

I haven't checked out the cast yet, but hopefully there are more plumbers and home builders this year.

(and no way was JJ the best shooter...the last round had 3 events, 2 were pistol, he's a pistol shooter and lost them all. Nice guy, but not the best shooter)

The competition guys seem to have a hard time shooting a stock pistol. The 3 Gun champ and the IPSC or USPSA grandmaster missed quite a few pool balls.

:gun1:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be money that who ever sighted these stock guns in has a jerky trigger finger A's compared to the pros. I bet the pros shot high right on everything.

Or maybe they just missed....different guns and different formats than they were used to.

I doubt anyone sighted in a stock 1911 with fixed sights. Blaming it on 'some guy' who sighted in the gun before you is lame. Of course, to their credit, I didn't hear any of them make that excuse, unlike the guy last season who blamed the Glock for losing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom