Torching My Benelli M-1014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talk about making your butt pucker. I wanted the collapsible stock for my M-1014 for years. During the ASB they went up to around $600 bucks so I never bought one. Well with the push to pass another ASB I started shopping for a collapsible stock again. Hoping to buy one before they went back up. My gun has the fake collapsible stock. Well Benelliparts.net was sold out ,so I ordered the recoil tube that would make my fake collapsible stock work. I also ordered the 922r complaint hammer, sear, and disconnector. I removed the old stock and pistol grip and there was a locknut on the recoil tube where it screwed into the receiver. Benelli never wanted that locknut to ever come loose. They put them on with the green Locktite Retaining Compound. I found this out after a little internet research . One guy said he used a heat gun or a Mapps torch. He said the heat gun took about 30 minutes to get it hot enough. I not one wanting to hold a heat gun for half an hour. I got out the smallest heating tip for my acetylene torch. I held a .015" SS shim against the receiver at each flat around the nut and heated it barely red hot. Then the nut came loose with the help of a custom made 1" and 1/16" socket. It didn't even mark the finish on the receiver. I didn't really want to take a torch to a $2K shotgun and risk something going wrong but, it worked out. Here's the results.
DSCF4387.JPG
DSCF4388.JPG
DSCF4388.JPG

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're a lot more brave than I am !!! Freedom Fighter has the Benelli collapsible stock for I think $350 or so but I'm not sure I want to change mine out. Kudos to you sir.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, while I'm thinking about it. What did you use when you put it back together . Green? I know when I changed my magazine tube it had red on the threads so I went with the same on the new tube. Man, I like the looks of yours! I gotta quit looking at it or I'm going to end up screwing up.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm pretty comfortable with the stock on mine but I may go ahead and get the collapsible one and give it a go because like you say time might possibly run out to make the swap before a huge cost increase or the stock cannot be found. Decisions decisions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom