Townley's American Boy 12 Gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody familiar with these shotguns or know where I could find some more information on them? Doubt they make replacement parts but worth a shot. Ran across this at an auction and it went for a good price, so I picked it up. Stock is in pretty rough shape with a few cracks. Finish is rough but not terrible. Wanted to try my hand at re-bluing and figured this was a decent candidate. Doubt it will ever be a shooter, but would make a cool mantle piece.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 187

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Grandpa's HS&B is Crescent-made shotgun. These were often referred to as "hardware store" guns. The manufacturer applied the logo of the retailer, in this case, HS&B. In your case, Townley's.

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably a Crescent Arms. You ordered 50 or 100 and they would put whatever name you wanted on it. Parts are not too hard to find.

Good call. This definitely looks very similar to the Crescents that I appeared in my search. Looks like parts aren't too hard to come by either! Thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom