Trace McWhirt Benefit Steel Match July 24th at USSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Benefit Match is a go for the 24th of July. Thank you USSA. It is going to be a Steel challenge/Proam Hybrid. The cost to shoot this match $15 per person, feel free to give more. 100% of the money goes to the family. No holsters, shot from the high ready. 1 class of weapons anything goes. This match is a fund raiser rules must be easy and fun for everone. We have a 20 guage Benelli pump Shotgun for the match winner.

We are going to have a shotgun 50/50 side match at the shoot off bay. $5 per run. 2 classes Auto and Pump

Start time will be 9am till 2pm. After 3 we will tally scores award winner, pick raffle winners.

There will be a silent auction for multiable items. Please bring what ever you have to donate.

I will be updating this daily. We will need volunteers the day of the match to RO.

This would not be able to be put on with out all the help from everyone. My deepest thanks to you guys, you know who you are and I owe you.

Last edited:

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trace McWirt Is a 13 year old boy who loves to hunt and fish. I have seen some of his trophies and he has 5 buck mounted between 8 and 12 points, 2 boars and a nice ram on the wall at his house. He has started a very respectable gun collection for his age. He was injured riding a bull in May and they discovered he had Luekemia. His in St Francis this week doing intencive Chemo treatment till Sunday. He has a younger brother of 10 years old. His brother is being tested as a posible bone marrow trasnplant donnor. His Mother is divorced and they live in Clarmore. This family is in need of help. They have not asked for help. I took up this own my own and asked my OSA brothers and sisters for help. There is a blood drive in his name at OBI. Several people have donated wonderful thing for this cause from OSA. I have posted a couple pictures in the raffle thread, with his mothers permission of course. She is very positive as is Trace. But is faced with an unimagianible finanical burden. I gave blood yesterday in his name and it felt good.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
FGST is glad to help with this match. Please help this young man in any way you can. Give blood in his name, buy a ticket, shoot the match or just give to the fund to help this family.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
John you can count on the Fat Guys to help.

There will be a complete Spikes Lower among other items at the silent auction, and rumor has it that there will be something special for the guest of honor.

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we(FGST) will be there in force John. I can't give blood but I will give lots of time and energy to this young man.Count me in to do some RO or whatever else you want me to do.

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be great. I will be making a RO list in the next few weeks. I will make sure you are on it. All ROs and shooters will have cover available to shoot and RO from. I am counting on FGST to RO most bays.

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Small update on Trace. I spoke to his mom last night and all is well. He was sleeping at the time we spoke. He has had two full days of the Chemo treatment with 2-3 more to go this week. She said his is weak from the treatment and very tired. The doctors are convinced they can put this in to full remission. There are calling him a madical Miracle by the way his body is responding to the chemo. He has not lost his hair yet it has only changed texture. He is strong, emotionally and a physically under these circumstances. They are a very positive and upbeat family. I will post more as I recieve news. Keep the prayers coming.

Latest posts

Top Bottom