Tractor sprinklers are awesome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been trying to get this whole watering the yard thing down and have been trying different sprinklers to see what best suits my needs. First I tried an oscilating type since its claimed coverage area would easily make quick work of what I needed. Needless to say, it did not perform nearly as they said it would. So poorly I bought a pressure gauge to test pressure at the faucet and it is good to go...so the sprinkler just sucked. Next I got a reciprocating/impact style and it does pretty well for sections like the main part of the front yard and around corners...but it would take alot of movement to get the back yard. A coworker offered up one of those oldschool tractor ones that follows along the hose and THATS THE TICKET! Why dont more people use these? I did half my back yard in one shot on Monday and it did perfect. Got another 100ft of hose so now I can do the whole back yard with one run and just let it do its thing.
For real, for those who dont have in ground systems...why dont more people use the tractor ones???

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one and it wouldn’t follow the hose. Front wheel would come off the hose and it would wander wherever it wanted.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did he also give you the little ramp that you attach at the end of the hose? When the sprinkler runs up on it the water shuts off when it gets to the end of the run. That way you can go about your business and don't have to worry about the water running all day. Pretty good idea.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most people are to lazy to lay the hose out and then pick it back up when they mow and rinse repeat.

I'm too lazy to move the hose every day to be able and get the whole yard watered in a reasonable amount of time. This seems ideal.

Did he also give you the little ramp that you attach at the end of the hose? When the sprinkler runs up on it the water shuts off when it gets to the end of the run. That way you can go about your business and don't have to worry about the water running all day. Pretty good idea.

Yep, got the ramp too. I watched it "end" on the test run to make sure it worked as claimed and it sure did.
My dad told me he has one thats missing the ramp...he forgot about it and it drove itself across the street into the neighbors yard LOL

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to get someone to locate some in-ground sprinkler valves that have had grass grow over them over the years . . . I used to know where most of them were but rarely use the sprinkler system and have lost track of them.

Or I might need to get one of these things. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom