Tractor sprinklers are awesome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First mishap today...one of the arms came out and that stops it in its tracks while just open pouring water out. When I got this from a coworker, I never checked the tightness of those, just adjusted them and let it fly...so hopefully this was a fluke due to me not checking the compression nut to ensure it was snug. That spot in the yard is extra soft right now but should be nice and green in a few days!
Pretty common for the nuts to loosen and an arm to come off. My issue is with some semi sandy soil. If the tractor hits a soft spot the wheel digs in and starts spinning causing it to lose traction. The arms keep spinning while its digging in creating a hole in the yard that is washed out by the power of the water as the arms keep swinging. Doesn't take long in sandy soil to create a crescent shaped hole in the yard about a foot deep.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I water the Neighbor's yard with a Tractor, used it on my yard while my sprinkler system was down, I think they are great. I have had the issue described above where it buries itself a couple of times. Mainly when I had some moles in the yard. I've also had the issue with an arm popping out, easy fix, just surprises you when it happens.

I also like this Melnor for watering my garden in neighbor's yard.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PBKVNWQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I water the Neighbor's yard with a Tractor, used in on my yard while my sprinkler system was down, I think they are great. I have had the issue described above where it buries itself a couple of times. Mainly when I had some moles in the yard.

I also like this Melnor for watering my garden in neighbor's yard.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PBKVNWQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Looks like a pretty good one. What base did you get? The sled, spike or tripod? The tripod looks like it's sturdy enough but with the sled you don't have to worry about it tilting or falling over. No spike, they're a pain in the grass!

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a pretty good one. What base did you get? The sled, spike or tripod? The tripod looks like it's sturdy enough but with the sled you don't have to worry about it tilting or falling over. No spike, they're a pain in the grass!

I did the sled, same perspective, no to the tripod, no to the spike.

Latest posts

Top Bottom