Trading - trae goods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I have breeding pairs (multiples) of horses, donkeys, cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, ducks, and rabbits. A horse drawn plow. Large stash of seeds. Land and water. Along with Mom, wife, kids, and grandkids; there are 22 of us. Add in other family that makes their way to our compound.
We may have some items to trade, but I don't foresee opening a trading post and having every sociopath and band of marauders homing in on us.

I've got three of those old two bottom horse drawn trip style plows. Made a lot of food plots with them in virgin ground that's never been broken.

Two horse drawn disks, and several sections of drag type springtooth.

They can be bought for steel scrap prices at farm auctions.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been doing metal work for most of my adult life, always wanted to learn blacksmithing. I finally decided that if I was ever going to do it, I'd better start. Read lots of books, watched lots of videos, but the best source of learning comes from helping a real blacksmith in his trade. I have two neighbors who are big into horses and rodeo stuff, and one of them saw me working my forge and offered to let me come watch her blacksmith shoe her horses. I gladly accepted and found a blacksmith very much interested in helping someone else get started. I learned more in one session with him than I had in all other venues. It's a long road ahead of me, but each journey starts with a step. If that SHTF situation ever happens, should be lots of scrap iron and steel around to make useful items from.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got three of those old two bottom horse drawn trip style plows. Made a lot of food plots with them in virgin ground that's never been broken.

Two horse drawn disks, and several sections of drag type springtooth.

They can be bought for steel scrap prices at farm auctions.

Ii have been banned from auctions, especially farm.

But yes, the 3 I have cost me $50.

And to quote Phil Robertson, "that's what grandkids are for, FREE labor."

Texican

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
People will buy more candles because they aren't used to being in the dark. As they get used to not having electricity, they'll save for other essentials by only lighting one room, etc.

We buy old candles and used candles from garage sales and used goods stores for pennies....
Old and used candles can be melted down to make new candles....
Bought slightly used and some new jeans for $3 and shirts for $2 that would have cost over a $150 new....
Buy now while the goods are still available....

Texican....

Latest posts

Top Bottom